Xbox Series X Skype Issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X Skype Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has anyone else been having problems with Skype for Xbox Series X? The video crashes over an extended video chat (20 min+) and at times when starting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zedwin, Feb 23, 2021.

  1. zedwin
    zedwin Guest

    Xbox Series X Skype Issues


    Has anyone else been having problems with Skype for Xbox Series X?

    The video crashes over an extended video chat (20 min+) and at times when starting a video call the audio/mic will give off a loud repeated noise (like drilling) that can only be heard on the other side.

    When the Video hangs, the entire Xbox slows down and the UI runs at less than half speed with delays when clicking icons. Only way to solve is to hard shut down and turn the system back on, soft reboot doesn't fix the problem. On the audio side, if I unplug and plug the camera back in the audio works again.

    These issues show up randomly. I have tried both the Logitech 930e and the Brio cameras, both have this issue. This is a bummer since my original Xbox One with Kinect worked great.

    Thanks!

    :)
     
    zedwin, Feb 23, 2021
    #1
  2. zedwin Win User

    Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

    This seems to be a recurring issue, I started a different thread on something similar a little while back.

    I would guess Skype for the Series X hasn’t really been tested much.
  3. EwancrabtreeEwancrab Win User

    Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

    Hi Microsoft,

    I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call.

    This issue is definitely related to the XSX Operating System or the Skype app, I can say that because the issue occurs even after a factory reset of the XSX and occurs on both of my XSX consoles.
  4. EwancrabtreeEwancrab Win User

    Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

    Hi Microsoft,

    I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call.

    This issue is definitely related to the XSX Operating System or the Skype app, I can say that because the issue occurs even after a factory reset of the XSX and occurs on both of my XSX consoles.
  5. -Aymara- Win User

    Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

    3. ONLY the Xbox-Series X has this issue, No other, including the Series S which is the “little brother” of the Series X

    4. The issue is the Series X
    Are you sure, that the Series S is not affected?
  6. SHAUNSEDGWICK Win User

    My home xbox keeps loading/spinning when I press it

    It's the xbox series x I'm having the issue with. Also my brother has the same issue with the xbox series x.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Skype Issues

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Skype Issues - Similar Threads - Series Skype Issues

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...