Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H)

Discus and support Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So, I just got the Xbox Series X and it looks great, but I'm noticing very significant audio lag with the console. Seems like I'm not the only one... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Hunter377, Mar 14, 2021.

  1. /u/Hunter377
    /u/Hunter377 Guest

    Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H)


    So, I just got the Xbox Series X and it looks great, but I'm noticing very significant audio lag with the console. Seems like I'm not the only one either, as there are many posts about this issue.

    I've tried setting the audio to 5.1 uncompressed, stereo uncompressed, bitstream out/DTS, and bitstream out/Dolby Digital. And ALL of them still have significant lag.

    The one that seems to have slightly less lag is the bitstream out/DTS, but with that one, and the Dolby Digital, the audio cuts out every few seconds.

    I was extremely excited about getting this console, and I have been an Xbox fan for years, but if this ARC audio delay issue can't be fixed, then I'll probably return the console.

    I've already called customer support and went through all of their suggestions. They told me to post here so that the problem could be escalated.

    Is there a fix for this coming in the future? Or are people using ARC or eARC for audio just left out to dry?

    submitted by /u/Hunter377
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Hunter377, Mar 14, 2021
    #1
  2. ArminatorX Win User

    Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

    As the Xbox One X is an audio source, it doesn't need to send or receive audio via ARC or eARC.

    Audio Return Channel is only for TV's that are supposed to "return" Audio back to an AV receiver or connected Soundbar.

    As the Xbox One X doesn't have speakers to play audio recieved through ARC, it won't support "ARC" or "eARC". Your TV needs to support ARC or eARC.

    What exactly is your TV and console setup, that you would need eARC in the Xbox One X?
  3. MandatoryDefault Win User

    Xbox 360 Slim & HDMI-CEC

    You can get a similar result with Pioneer receivers if you have a TV that supports ARC (Audio Return Channel.) Connect the XBox to your TV. If you set the source on the Pioneer to the TV, then the audio is "moved" from the TV to the Pioneer receiver, although
    it takes a few seconds to resync. I've done this using a Samsung 6900 Series LED TV with a Pioneer VSX 1121-K.
  4. TinyAshes04 Win User

    ARC Channel Support

    My setup for 5.1 and no lag:

    XboxOne HDMI to "Game" port on receiver

    From receiver "Video Out" (HDMI) to ARC on TV.

    I had major lag until I went into the xbox audio settings, and unchecked "Allow 24Hz"....or whatever boxes, and set the Xbox to 5.1 with no compression.

    On the receiver, I adjusted the sound delay a bit. I also run the receiver in PCM which gives me no audio compression, and a nice rich 5.1 sound.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

    Basic question about 5.1 possibilities with xbox

    [quote user="Dpgriff"]Now If I wanted to hook both the tv and xbox 360 to the receiver would I have to change the input on the receiver every time I wanted to use the other?[/quote]That depends on what the source is for the audio. If you mean the TV's connected
    to an antenna and you want to route audio from the broadcast to the receiver, it'll depend on the TV and receiver in question. With HDMI, there's the option for ARC (audio return channel), which allows the display device (the TV) to send audio back to the
    receiver via HDMI. This allows one to use a TV's internal tuner yet still have the audio come out the receiver's speakers.



    If there's no ARC, you would need to connect audio from the TV to the receiver and switch between the audio inputs depending on what video source you wanted to use (TV's internal tuner or 360).
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    Question About the Disc Drive in the Xbox One

    I was getting audio sync issues over hdmi into my soundbar through tv arc mode, I just added 2 ms delay through the tv to put into sync
Thema:

Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H)

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H) - Similar Threads - Series significant audio

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Significant frame drops in FIFA 23 for Xbox Series S

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Significant frame drops in FIFA 23 for Xbox Series S: Hi, I've recently bought XBOX Series S and FIFA 23. While playing, it often happens that for a minute or two the game runs smoothly (as in I guess 60 fps, because my TV doesn't run in 120), but...