Xbox Series X shuts down immediately after being turned on.

Discus and support Xbox Series X shuts down immediately after being turned on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After pressing the power button, the console and light turn on for a few seconds, then shut down before the boot sequence starts. The console is in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MouseRangers, Mar 9, 2023.

1. MouseRangers
    MouseRangers Guest

After pressing the power button, the console and light turn on for a few seconds, then shut down before the boot sequence starts. The console is in a well-ventilated location and has been tested with a different power cable and outlet.

We have already tried the following:

• Unplugging for 1 minute
    • Holding down the power button for 1 minute
    • Holding down the power button for 1 minute while unplugged
    • Connecting the console to a different outlet with a different power cable
    • Holding down the power button for 1 minute while connected to a different outlet with a different power cable
    • Cleaning dust out of the console
    We have not tried opening the console's shell.

:)

MouseRangers, Mar 9, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You will need to have it repaired, either the power supply has failed or there is a major failure on the board to cause this.
  3. DeniqL Win User

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I´m afraid that if you have already tried all those troubleshooting steps, then your console might need to be serviced.

Opening your console by yourself is really not advisable since it can violate the services agreement. I would suggest you to have your device serviced through the official site here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. GoldenRatTooth Win User

Shuts off immediately after being turned on

I'm having the same issue brother and can't figure out what the hell is going on. I can run my Hulu and Netflix app but can't play any of my games. I'm beyond frustrated so you're not the only one.
  5. DarkLordZero Win User

Can't play Minecraft: Xbox 360 Version even though I bought it

Both yes. But now I'm getting another problem, when I turn my console off, it doesn't shut down immediately, but the power button blinks a few times. Only after the blinking, it shuts down.
  6. red71rum Win User

COD Warzone started crashing my Series X......

That would be great. I dont mind that the game is not working, but I do not like my Series X being hard shut down as it can corrupt the drive\brick the xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X shuts down immediately after being turned on. - Similar Threads - Series shuts down

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  4. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  5. Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k: Hello, I have an issue after purchasing a new tv. My Xbox worked fine with the previous tv, but it was only running at 1080p so I decided to purchase a new 4k 120hz tv. The model I got (Vizio...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X shutting down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series X shutting down?: My xbox is shutting down during halo infinite. Is there something wrong with my xbox? I've had my series X since day 1 and this is the first time something like this has happened....
  7. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  8. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  9. Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X full shut down - EA FC 24 - Battlefield 2042 - Madden: Hi, I’m at a loss with this issue I am having. I’m posting on here in the hope that it might actually get somewhere. I’ve been having this issue for more than a year, for some reason I cannot...
  10. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042