Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi

Discus and support Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello everyone so earlier I was playing on my series x and mid game it randomly shut off. When I turned it back on I found it wouldn’t connect to my 5g... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xXshadypeacockXx, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi

Hello everyone so earlier I was playing on my series x and mid game it randomly shut off. When I turned it back on I found it wouldn’t connect to my 5g WiFi, but it would connect to my regular WiFi of the same password. I’ve had the issue with it not connecting to the 5g WiFi months ago and it just randomly happened connected after trying 50+ times. Does anyone else have an issue connecting their series x to their 5g WiFi?

Edit: after trying it about 20 times, it reconnected to my 5g, but does anyone else have problems with the series x and 5g?

submitted by /u/xXshadypeacockXx
    [link] [comments]

/u/xXshadypeacockXx, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  3. Jaedon F Win User

Why did my elite controller stop working on my Xbox and won’t turn off or do anything even when I unplug my Xbox

My console is the Xbox series X. My controller stopped working last night while I was playing a game and it said reconnect controller but it was still on. I’ve tried holding the pairing button but nothing happened. I’ve tried taking it out of range of my Xbox to see if it would shut off. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging my Xbox. But my elite controller still has the light on and won’t do anything. Even the button to change paddle presets isn’t turning those lights on.
  4. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  5. OGXkiller2611 Win User

Xbox Wifi

The problem has started this week my console is a series S and it's works on my neighbors 5G wifi
  6. InoknI Win User

Xbox One kan inte ansluta till WiFi [Translation - Xbox One can't connect to WiFi]

Hi there (sorry for my english mistakes)

I have probably the same issue.

When I start or restart my Xbox one X it doesn't connect to my wifi network. The name of the wifi network is written but there is no connection

I have already try :

- To restart my router ==> I didn't change anything for month and it worked well with my first xbox one and my actual xbox one X before this issue. All my other devices (smart tv, phone, computer) are well connected to my wifi

- To reconnect the xbox one x to the wifi with Settings / system / network / disconnect and then new connection

- To power cycle the console, holding the start button for 10 seconds until the console shut down and disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable

- To restart after clearing the mac adresse

- To do a factory reset ==> The first start after the reset, i can reconnect the console to the wifi network (so I think I have no issue with my router), but if I shut down the xbox or restart the console. I lose the network. I have to do a new factory reset
    to reconnect the console

Thank you for your help.
Thema:

Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi

1. Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi - Similar Threads - series shut off

2. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  3. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  6. My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.: I try playing games but the power shuts off randomly. I’ve seen others posts about the Xbox One X but I haven’t seen any for the original ones. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Xbox series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x shutting off: My Xbox has been randomly shutting completely off on its own. Tried to reset the whole Xbox without removing games didn’t work . Now reset it completely taking everything off and it’s worse trying...
  8. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  9. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  10. Series X shut off with F1 23 and Fanatec

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X shut off with F1 23 and Fanatec: After playing F1 23 on Series X with Fanatec CSL DD and McLaren V3 wheel, the Series X put a green screen for a couple of seconds, a “buzz” sound and shut off completely. The only way to start it...