Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming

Discus and support Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Phil, Been walking around with this idea for some time now but I do not use Twitter, Facebook etcetera, so I thought to share my idea here. There... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M1S117, Oct 22, 2020.

  1. M1S117
    M1S117 Guest

    Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming


    Hi Phil,

    Been walking around with this idea for some time now but I do not use Twitter, Facebook etcetera, so I thought to share my idea here.

    There has been a lot of talk about streaming, both over local networks or the cloud. So I have been having my Xbox stream games to my Windows 10 and Android devices, which is great. However, that means the Xbox cannot be used for anything else.

    Now with all the power the new Xbox Series is bringing, is it in the pipeline to introduce the capability of multitasking apps and games?

    In particular I would like to have the Xbox stream a game over my local network to a W10/Android device, yet someone else could still watch Netflix or a movie from a disc on that same Xbox. So it needs to split the video and audio output to both screens.

    Understandably, depending on the game it could be streamed being rendered in lower resolution/framerate to maintain a stable performance i.e. have the Series X render and output 1080p.

    So is something like that in the works? Fellow Xbox players, that would want this capability?

    :)
     
    M1S117, Oct 22, 2020
    #1
  2. M1S117 Win User

    Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming

    As I stated I do not use it and I should not have to communicate with MS outside of their own channels. The old forums for ideas were great. Anyway I do not mind if you post it there or anywhere else on my behalf. What do you think of the idea?
  3. [Farscape] Win User

    Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming

    Microsoft don't read these forums, this is just basically gamers helping gamers so you will never get a response or get hold of any employee.

    beside what you asking about the new consoles won't happen, yes they can multitask by switching not having apps/games running side by side at the same time and splitting video output.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

    Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming

    Feedback & suggestions should be left HERE
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

    Hi I took a break from streaming from xbox for a few moonths and i can't figure out how to stream do I need something else to stream.

    which xbox as you can natively stream to twitch from the dash on series s and x
  6. DiCalzi Win User

    Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox

    Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X controllers work on Xbox Series X|S, and vice versa. However, Xbox 360 is on it's own, similar to the OG Xbox.

    What's cool however is if you remote stream Xbox One, One S, One X, Series S, or Series X on, say, a PC, you can plug in a 360 controller and use it on the newer generation.

    But no, newer controllers aren't supported on 360.
Thema:

Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X/S multitask streaming - Similar Threads - Series multitask streaming

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...