XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC

Discus and support XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I bought a XBOX Series X/S Gamepad to play Elden Ring on Steam. I connect via bluetooth, since it is installed in my motherboard.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nait123321, Mar 13, 2022.

  1. nait123321
    nait123321 Guest

    XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC


    Hello everyone, I bought a XBOX Series X/S Gamepad to play Elden Ring on Steam. I connect via bluetooth, since it is installed in my motherboard. Sometimes the connection with the gamepad is lost. I updated the gamepad firmware, turned off "turning off bluetooth to save power" and set in steam that I have a XBOX gamepad - nothing helped. What could be the problem? By searching in google, sometimes someone wrote that it was possible because of the router (which I have on the table above the PC) but I'm not sure about that

    :)
     
    nait123321, Mar 13, 2022
    #1
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

    XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC

    Excellent, glad to hear everything is working.

    I'll be closing the thread then. Happy Gaming!
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

    XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC

    Hello nait123321,

    There could be a lot of reasons why the controller is disconnecting from the PC via Bluetooth. This article can help troubleshoot your connection issues: Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

    As always, keep in mind:

    Note If your device resources are being used for other activities, it may take up to 2 minutes for your device to recognize and/or pair your controller via Bluetooth. If you experience a delay with your device recognizing and/or pairing your controller, wait a few minutes and see if this resolves the issue.

    Solution 1: Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter on Windows 10/11

    1. Go to Start and type “Bluetooth” in the search bar.
    2. Select Find and fix problems with Bluetooth devices.
    3. Select the troubleshooter:
    [​IMG]

    Solution 2: Restart your PC

    Select the Windows logo key > Power > Restart.

    Solution 3: Restart your controller

    1. Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button  for 6 seconds.
    2. Press the Xbox button  again to power it back on.
    Solution 4: Re-pair the device

    1. Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth (on Windows 11: Settings > Bluetooth & devices).
    2. Select the controller and then select Remove device.
    3. Press the Pair button on your controller.
    4. Select the controller and then select Pair.
    Regards,

    -Hayabusa
  4. nait123321 Win User

    XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC

    Hello Hayabusa!
    Thanks for reply! I found problem. My motherboard came with a WiFi antenna, it turns out that it is also needed for Bluetooth. Now all work perfectly
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

    Hi,

    The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

    Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

    Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

    Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  6. BlitzGear02 Win User

    My Controller is Severely Messing up my PC in every game I play with it.

    That’s not a controller issue, the Xbox Wireless Controllers don’t have a reputation for obliterating computers. My controllers, which include the Series X|S version and the Xbox One version, both connect and work fine with it.

    (With the exception of the Series X|S controller being almost completely unusable right now for me, due to firmware bugs. But even with those bugs, it didn’t screw up my computer or the game I was playing.)

    Maybe the game you’re trying to play doesn’t have gamepad support?
Thema:

XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC

Loading...
  1. XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC - Similar Threads - series gamepad intermittently

  2. Xbox Series S Twitch linking problem — QR code keeps appearing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Twitch linking problem — QR code keeps appearing: Hey everyone, I'm having trouble streaming on Twitch from my Xbox Series S. When I select livestream on my Xbox, it shows a QR code. I scan it with my phone, Twitch opens, and I go through the...
  3. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  4. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  5. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  6. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  7. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  8. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  9. Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...: Hello everyone, look, I want to buy a gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. That is, this is not the original gamepad. The question is, is it suitable for a split screen in any game? That is, a game for...
  10. Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11: Hi. As a title says, Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth on PC Windows 11. Haven't seen this behaviour via cabel. Or maybe it restarts itself. After it reconnects to PC,...