XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC

Discus and support XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I bought a XBOX Series X/S Gamepad to play Elden Ring on Steam. I connect via bluetooth, since it is installed in my motherboard.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nait123321, Mar 13, 2022.

1. nait123321
    nait123321 Guest

Hello everyone, I bought a XBOX Series X/S Gamepad to play Elden Ring on Steam. I connect via bluetooth, since it is installed in my motherboard. Sometimes the connection with the gamepad is lost. I updated the gamepad firmware, turned off "turning off bluetooth to save power" and set in steam that I have a XBOX gamepad - nothing helped. What could be the problem? By searching in google, sometimes someone wrote that it was possible because of the router (which I have on the table above the PC) but I'm not sure about that

:)

nait123321, Mar 13, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Excellent, glad to hear everything is working.

I'll be closing the thread then. Happy Gaming!
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello nait123321,

There could be a lot of reasons why the controller is disconnecting from the PC via Bluetooth. This article can help troubleshoot your connection issues: Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

As always, keep in mind:

Note If your device resources are being used for other activities, it may take up to 2 minutes for your device to recognize and/or pair your controller via Bluetooth. If you experience a delay with your device recognizing and/or pairing your controller, wait a few minutes and see if this resolves the issue.

Solution 1: Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter on Windows 10/11

1. Go to Start and type “Bluetooth” in the search bar.
    2. Select Find and fix problems with Bluetooth devices.
    3. Select the troubleshooter:
    [​IMG]

Solution 2: Restart your PC

Select the Windows logo key > Power > Restart.

Solution 3: Restart your controller

1. Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button  for 6 seconds.
    2. Press the Xbox button  again to power it back on.
    Solution 4: Re-pair the device

1. Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth (on Windows 11: Settings > Bluetooth & devices).
    2. Select the controller and then select Remove device.
    3. Press the Pair button on your controller.
    4. Select the controller and then select Pair.
    Regards,

-Hayabusa
  4. nait123321 Win User

Hello Hayabusa!
    Thanks for reply! I found problem. My motherboard came with a WiFi antenna, it turns out that it is also needed for Bluetooth. Now all work perfectly
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  6. BlitzGear02 Win User

My Controller is Severely Messing up my PC in every game I play with it.

That’s not a controller issue, the Xbox Wireless Controllers don’t have a reputation for obliterating computers. My controllers, which include the Series X|S version and the Xbox One version, both connect and work fine with it.

(With the exception of the Series X|S controller being almost completely unusable right now for me, due to firmware bugs. But even with those bugs, it didn’t screw up my computer or the game I was playing.)

Maybe the game you’re trying to play doesn’t have gamepad support?
Thema:

1. XBOX series X/S gamepad intermittently loses connection with PC - Similar Threads - series gamepad intermittently

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Xbox series S usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S usb ports: will the USB ports on an xbox s charge and after market controller charger? - Thanks b862a6af-26d0-4991-a64d-cb80420b758a
  5. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  9. Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...: Hello everyone, look, I want to buy a gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. That is, this is not the original gamepad. The question is, is it suitable for a split screen in any game? That is, a game for...
  10. Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11: Hi. As a title says, Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth on PC Windows 11. Haven't seen this behaviour via cabel. Or maybe it restarts itself. After it reconnects to PC,...