Xbox series x/s disconnecting from WiFi possible fix

Discus and support Xbox series x/s disconnecting from WiFi possible fix in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To start I may have found a fix for the Xbox series X disconnecting from WiFi every few minutes and managed to stay on the 5ghz connection without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CHANEY59, Nov 27, 2022.

1. CHANEY59
    CHANEY59 Guest

To start I may have found a fix for the Xbox series X disconnecting from WiFi every few minutes and managed to stay on the 5ghz connection without disconnecting please let me know if this works for anyone else. Ok so I got a new Xbox series X yesterday, and it has been dropping from my WiFi connection, for about 5-10 seconds booting me out of games very frequently like every few minutes, so I've been spending a few hours searching for fixes and possible causes, and I have noticed a lot of people say it's to do with being on a 5ghz band, so I took some time finding ways to get on the 2.4ghz band, and finally I got on to it from my hotspot and also the separate band for 2.4ghz on my router, anyway while on the 2.4ghz band I didn't drop connection I left myself on it for an hour or so and no drops, my way of testing this was the elden ring main screen so as soon as I drop connection it will tell me connection lost, so I then tried turning off my 5ghz band on the router, and then connected to my main SSID and the connection didn't drop, I then turned on 5ghz band back on and I've been connected and haven't had any drop outs all evening for at least 5 hours now.

I believe this may be the solution to this problem I'm not sure exactly what changed during this process, but the connection is stable I've been playing online all day now and after all of my searching online I am still yet to find a fix for this problem every keeps having, a very strange fix but I hope this works for other people the same way it has for me.

Good luck everyone I hope this helps people.

:)

CHANEY59, Nov 27, 2022
  2. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Check the forum or just google "XBOX Series X disconnects from wifi". Tons of threads here and on reddit since the launch.

An example.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

XBOX ONE CONSOLE

the whole family from 2001

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One S

Xbox One X

Then soon Xbox Series X and possibly Xbox Series S
  4. AdamShare Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset keeps breaking up/disconnecting from Series X

I have the same issue.

Controller and headset both disconnect or have some sort interference. Never had a problem on my Xbox One or Series S. But the problem is persistent on Series X.

Have tried all sorts of things like disabling all wifi and getting a new router. Nothing helps.
  5. Randy Bermudez Win User

Does anyone know if crossplay option will be returning MW2 on Xbox system even if I had to wait weeks or months please let me know

when you said series did you mean Xbox series type and

if Xbox series s/x has cross play option for mw2 it's it possible from to download mw2 on Xbox series s if

it has cross play on this game.
  6. CR4ZY CM1LL4 Win User

Xbox one x WiFi disconnects constantly

It's not just with the X. I have a One S and wifi just randomly disconnects and no other device on network has this problem. I have reported it many times but no update to fix it yet.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x/s disconnecting from WiFi possible fix - Similar Threads - series disconnecting WiFi

2. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  3. Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi: Why can’t I simply call a number to get help from something that isn’t a chatbot? My brand new series x will not let me play anything online for more than a minute before booting me off. It is not...
  4. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...: My console seems to drop out of connection with the wifi, but only during online play. This has happened with Titanfall 2, Fortnite, and now Halo Infinite. 3f120b71-ba3b-42b9-984f-ee1328f309be
  5. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi: My Xbox series X will be working fine for few hours, then out of nowhere it will disconnect me from my current WiFi. When I try to connect to it again it asks for a MAC address, which I know how...
  6. Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it...: Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi says password isn't correct but it is and every other connections works fine even the Xbox series x on the same network. I'm loosing my mind....
  7. xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox: Recently bought the new xbox series s , and randomly when playing games it will disconnect from the wifi /xbox life to then reconnect a few seconds later. If anyone has similar issues or knows a...
  8. Why is my xbox series s disconnecting from wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s disconnecting from wifi?: My xbox series s stops detecting wifi after a couple minutes of use and gets an error that there may be a problem with the network hardware. This has happened before, Microsoft serviced it under...
  9. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....
  10. How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my Xbox series S from disconnecting from WiFi without resetting the console?: I currently have an Xbox Series S in my room and I’ll use it every once and a while but every time I do use it recently I have to reset the entire console in order for it to connect to the WiFi....