Xbox series X/S controller USB-C on PC problem.

Discus and support Xbox series X/S controller USB-C on PC problem. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; controller worked normally since i have gotten it around 8 months ago, USB-C cable doesnt read the controller on PC unless i tilt the cable and get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MadRepublic, Nov 8, 2021.

1. MadRepublic
    MadRepublic Guest

controller worked normally since i have gotten it around 8 months ago, USB-C cable doesnt read the controller on PC unless i tilt the cable and get some tension on it.

All drivers are updated, Controller firmware is also updated.

:)

MadRepublic, Nov 8, 2021
  2. CCN_HsK Win User

Xbox Series X type-c port?

On the video, Xbox Series X has USB type A only.

The new controller, I think is type-A (Xbox Series X) to type-c (controller). (Elite2 is a to c usb)
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Rechargeable battery pack

Hi,

Seems to me you bought a Series X|S controller? To tell the difference, the new controllers have an additional 'Share' button, a more refined along with a non-slip surface on the rear of the controller.

The Series X|S has a different battery compartment so the 'Stealth' batteries won't fit. In addition, the new controllers use USB-C for charging. The Venom charging station was designed for the Xbox One controller that uses a Micro USB connector. You can't attach Micro USB to a USB type C port.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Electric Volt controller connect to Win10 via cable

Hi,

Almost any USB C to USB A cable (your standard USB Phone/tablet charge cable) will work fine for PC or console gaming with a Series X type controller. I use a 2M USB C cable to connect my Series X controller to my PC.

I don't have any Bluetooth issues, but using a cable does avoid changing the batteries so much. šŸ˜
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

does the xbox rechargeable battery + usb-cĀ® cable have data transfer so i can use it on my pc?

Hi,

If you need another USB C cable that is compatible with data transfers, make sure it says something like 'Sync and charge'. All USB C cables that support data transfer can be used on Xbox Series X|S controllers.
  6. ngocphi Win User

USB-C cables

That's because pc gamer forgot a certain detail

Xbox one gen 2 and older controllers use micro USB

Gen 3 which are series s/x controllers with backwards compatibility uses usb type c

You are mixing the old gen with current gen controllers

The reason why is because of the speed of the charging and following universal standards as per the current regulations in most countries over charging
Thema:

1. Xbox series X/S controller USB-C on PC problem. - Similar Threads - series controller USB

2. Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB: I've been trying to connect my controller via usb to my Windows 11 desktop. When trying this the controller just blinks and doesn't connect. things I've tried: - 6 different type-C cables -...
  3. Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?: Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller? 4903c42a-5598-4d7c-800e-3cd7270b8e6e
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller?: Howdy! So hereā€™s the deal, I have my tv mounted to my wall and recently mounted my Xbox behind the TV as well. Now my controller keeps disconnecting. I put my Xbox below the tv on the shelf as a...
  6. Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?: I am unable to connect my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller to my PC via USB. I can connect it with Bluetooth, but I can't configure it in the Xbox Accessories app in Windows 11 23H2 this way or even...
  7. Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller???: Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller??? fd461cf0-13b3-4de4-9c40-15543c82b254
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller disconnects only when playing connected with the USB C charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller disconnects only when playing connected with the USB C charger: I need this resolved! I can play only with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller wirelessly. sometimes i want to play and my controller is low on battery, but it disconnects when I'm trying to play...
  9. Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB): I've been trying to connect my Xbox Series S controller on PC but its not working properly, for some reason only both triggers (RT and LT) and sticks (LSB and RSB) aren't working, while bumpers...
  10. My pc does not recognise my xbox series s controller (through USB) [HUN/ENG]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc does not recognise my xbox series s controller (through USB) [HUN/ENG]: I wanted to use my controller on the pc, I connected it through USB and it doesn't work. I watched 3 videos, none of them helped. Is there a driver or something that I need to download or just I'm...