Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat...

Discus and support Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had this controller since it came out, and the issue has persisted in all those months since then. As described in the title, the controller, when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cheesy117, May 6, 2021.

1. Cheesy117
    Cheesy117 Guest

Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat...

I've had this controller since it came out, and the issue has persisted in all those months since then. As described in the title, the controller, when in bluetooth, is not recognized as an xbox controller, but rather as a generic Joystick, when the controller is connected to PC via a USB C cable, it functions normally, and is recognized as an xbox controller.

When used in bluetooth, in many games the controller will not function properly, in Project Wingman, the DPad is used to switch weapons, it still does this in bluetooth, but the dpad will also function as the right stick, controlling the camera, so the camera will turn when a dpad button is pushed, on top of switching weapons, in Yakuza 0 the triggers do not function, many of the face buttons have their controls swapped, and the camera cannot be controlled on the right stick, these are just a couple examples.

At this point I have tried numerous things to fix the issue. I have updated the controller via the Xbox Accessories App, I've made all possible windows updates, I've unpaired and paired the controller again, I've tried connecting to a different bluetooth adapter (a USB dongle instead of the one built in to my motherboard), none of these helped.

I'm at the point where I'm probably just going to sell the controller, and get an Xbox One controller, or a PS5 controller, but before I do that, I want to know if there's any known fixes that maybe I'm missing. Please don't tell me "Just use the USB C cable", I bought this controller with the intent to use it in bluetooth and not have to deal with a cable dangling over me, and please also don't tell me "Get the wireless adapter", the controller I paid for should be working in bluetooth as advertised and I shouldn't have to get another product to make it work.

:)

Cheesy117, May 6, 2021
  2. vladmilas Win User

Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and does not function normally in games

I can connect it via Bluetooth but than i get this 6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch

How can this be possible.In one Window it Shows Xbox Wireless Controller, in the other 6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch.And Gamepad tester reports unknown Gamepad.....

[​IMG]
  3. erasam Win User

after latest firmware update the wireless xbox controlled is no more correctly recognized on PC if connected using bluetooth

Hi Vinicius

it's not a problem of the controller, it can be paired with the PC with no issue, unfortunately with the latest firmware is no more recognized as an Xbox controller when connectd using bluetooth

In the joypad configuration panel when is wired connect it is reported as a "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)", when connected using bluetooth is reported as a generic "6-axis 16-buttons game pad with hat switch"

With previous firmware version it was reported as "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)" for both (even when connected with bluetooth)

It's a firmware bug
  4. MachinimistLuke Win User

An update to Xbox Controller (has the 3.5mm port) on Xbox One via Xbox Accessories has effected it's bluetooth capabilities on PC

Tried Solution 1. Everything came up fine.

Tried Solution 2. Xbox Peripherals will not appear in Device Manager unless the Controller is connected via cable. It does not appear when connected via Bluetooth.

EDIT: Uninstalled, unplugged, restarted and plugged back in but it installs drivers for 'Controller'. No luck.

It's still a '6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch'

[​IMG]
  5. Cheesy117 Win User

Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and does not function normally in games

Like I said, I made sure I was up to date on both my windows and controller firmware updates. Regardless, I took a look through my update history and did not see the update (KB 4580364) listed amongst them, so I went to the Microsoft Update Catalog to try and download it from there, but every option I've tried just tells me "The update is not applicable to your computer". So either I already have it, or I can't get it. What do I do now?
  6. Cheesy117 Win User

Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and does not function normally in games

Bump. I want an actual fix, or at least I want to know a fix is coming. Bluetooth problems are still a widespread issue for this controller, and they should be addressed.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat... - Similar Threads - Series Controller Bluetooth

2. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  5. Elite Series 2 Controller PC Via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller PC Via Bluetooth: Now I know this isn’t a new topic but mine is a slightly different query to what I’ve seen before. My elite series 2 controller won’t stay connected to my new PC via Bluetooth at a range of less...
  6. Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Hello! Since this morning my Xbox Series X|S controller is not working properly. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it was working perfectly, but today suddenly stopped being recognized by my PC...
  7. How to solve my bluetooth connection? Xbox series controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to solve my bluetooth connection? Xbox series controller: My Xbox series controller wasn't working properly with the Bluetooth. When connected alone to a USB Bluetooth adapter, it has a blinking issue, which surely connects, but seconds after, it...
  8. Xbox Series X controller not able to turn use bluetooth despite new batteries

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller not able to turn use bluetooth despite new batteries: I have recently acquired the Xbox Series X Controllers to be used exclusively for PC Gaming but it seems that after updating that the controller can no longer be turned on and by pressing the...
  9. Xbox series X/S Controller suddenly disconnect then reconnect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S Controller suddenly disconnect then reconnect via bluetooth on PC: Please Microsoft, your controller sucks. I did everything, I disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on Device manager, updated the newest firmware, reset controller...
  10. An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?: For my question, is there a way where you can play the Xbox Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth, or USB? a8387c65-7485-43fa-a94d-16fccc03ca23

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 6 axis 15 button gamepad with hat switch ipega