Xbox Series X/S controller button isnt working right.

Discus and support Xbox Series X/S controller button isnt working right. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have a "sort of" new Xbox Series X/S wired black controller. I just brought it three or four months ago at a Black Friday sales for my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xGreenie01, Feb 8, 2023.

1. xGreenie01
    xGreenie01 Guest

Hello. I have a "sort of" new Xbox Series X/S wired black controller. I just brought it three or four months ago at a Black Friday sales for my Xbox One console to replace my old wired Xbox One controller. Now its being weird. The A button sticks or doesn't work properly. It works, but only if I press and hold it to open up a game or Netflix. Also, when I enter a search and put any random letters. The autocorrect comes on, but the joystick gets stuck to the upper right. I can't move it left to pick the word I'm looking for or move the buttons down to finish what I'm searching for. I can't SEARCH for ANYTHING. Sorry...

What is going on? Is it broken? or does it need an update? It only fell just once on the floor on the face. And it's carpeted. It just fell when I knocked it over from my armchair...

Technically, it still works. When I play a game or watch a movie. I just have to press and hold the A button for five to seven seconds to open up a menu or the game itself. I just can't search for anything when I'm looking up a word or title or renaming a weapon I just crafted.

Also, I'm actually surprised the Xbox Series X/S actually works on my Xbox One console. I don't have a Series X or S yet.

:)

xGreenie01, Feb 8, 2023
  2. xGreenie01 Win User

Do i have to repeat the other ten seconds with it off?

I tried it but it didnt fix the issue.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Try resetting the console, if possible test the command on another console to see if it behaves the same way.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello xGreenie01, It's really not normal for him to be acting this way.

Try to see if the controller needs an update and try clearing the cache in the console.

The first is a clear cache

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X/S controller button isnt working right. - Similar Threads - Series controller button

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox series s controller and the LT button is stuck not physically but when I go...: The controller is Xbox series s and I need help fixing it 88965f47-42c9-463e-b3ca-187fdc6a86fd
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  9. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  10. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...