Xbox Series X/S Consistent Online Lag Spikes/Lagging

Discus and support Xbox Series X/S Consistent Online Lag Spikes/Lagging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got the Xbox series s. Very good console but I’m running into a really weird problem when it comes to online play. So far I’ve tested this on Call... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarcyM1, Feb 14, 2021.

  1. DarcyM1
    DarcyM1 Guest

    Xbox Series X/S Consistent Online Lag Spikes/Lagging


    Just got the Xbox series s. Very good console but I’m running into a really weird problem when it comes to online play. So far I’ve tested this on Call of Duty: Warzone and on Minecraft and I see the same problem. Although my wifi is always somewhere between 30mbps and 50 mbps, I get fairly consistent two second lag spikes throughout my entire online experience. On 7 year old hardware (xbox one, ps4) my friends are able to pay Warzone just fine without ANY lag spikes, and on my tiny little Nintendo Switch, minecraft works perfectly fine online. So what gives? Is there a patch in the works? Are you all aware that this might be an issue? Is there a simple fix that I can do to fix this?

    I havent tried the obvious solution of plugging in an ethernet cable (since my room does not have a port) however I don’t see why I would have to do that given my friend has a very bad wifi connection to his ps4 yet does not run into this problem at all.

    :)
     
    DarcyM1, Feb 14, 2021
    #1
  2. CasualWolfGamer Win User

    My Xbox game clips are lagging

    Funny how I haven't had this issue on my xbox one x ever but when I go on my xbox series S then it just starts having the lag spike issues with my captures.
  3. Nightfall1293 Win User

    Xbox One X Lag

    This isnt the issue I am experiencing, i can play games online but it just experiences consistent lag spikes. Following this walkthrough wont help me because I am not getting any of those errors
  4. Kimboslicer Win User

    xbox live

    have you tried a cable? your online experience (lag and lag spikes) and download speeds would be far better as well as being straightforward to connect
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

    xbox series s lag spike

    Hello there @Red001pg, I hope everything is going well!

    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

    Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

    After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

    Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

    Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

    If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

    In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

    The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

    In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

    Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

    Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

    I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

    Kind Regards

    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. the1_1 Win User

    Xbox Series X/S getting lag spikes

    The lag spikes are still happening. Even after I tried what you told me to do. And no, my Xbox isn't enrolled in the Xbox insider program (at least I don't think so because I don't know what that is)
Thema:

Xbox Series X/S Consistent Online Lag Spikes/Lagging

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X/S Consistent Online Lag Spikes/Lagging - Similar Threads - Series Consistent Online

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. Insider Cloud streaming from xbox series x console is not as consistent as Cloud streaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider Cloud streaming from xbox series x console is not as consistent as Cloud streaming...: I had been in xbox insider delta for months before recently getting into beta. Something I've noticed about the insider features for cloud gaming is that on Xbox when I stream the game, it's not...
  9. Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S: I recently acquired an Xbox Series S. For the first couple of days, everything worked out fine. Recently, I’ve been playing multiplayer games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Fortnite… every 7-10...
  10. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. Warzone xbox series x packet loss