Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

Discus and support Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming not running as hot during app usage or streaming so no hot Temps being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew Sindoni, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming not running as hot during app usage or streaming so no hot Temps being pushed out and no change in connection. I have definately determined connection issues starting when the hot Temps start. It's well ventilated the fan is working and and is cleaned out. Gaming when first startong connection is fine and as temp gets worse and worse the connection gets worse and worse. I know the external fans are not great so does anyone have Any other ideas? The room the Xbox is in is cool not in direct sunlight is not in an enclosed space is on top of desk with plenty of room.

:)

Andrew Sindoni, Jun 1, 2023
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
  3. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Andrew! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

If you have already provided proper ventilation then I´m a fraid a factory reset is the last option before having to send your device for a repair

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Rude Dory Win User

Slow demo download

If you are using various devices on the same network it may cause slower speeds for your Xbox 360. Try downloading something with only the 360 connected to your network and see if that speeds it up
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox series x controller not showing up on bluetooth pc

The Xbox controller uses the Bluetooth 4.0 specification as its standard. Many Bluetooth devices can be backward compatible when a slower transfer rate is still effective. However, the latency needed for a game controller likely can’t tolerate the slower 3 Mbps speeds of Bluetooth 2.0 when Bluetooth 4.0’s high speed spec offers up 25 Mbps. It’s unlikely the Xbox Series 2 controller would allow connection to a slower Bluetooth 2.0 adapter.
  6. Ashton Fraser Win User

What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive.

My internet speed is 1Gbps and my series x is plugged into the router via ethernet. But, My series x is only getting 200mbps with nobody on any devices and no games running in the background. Additionally, the latency on my series x never gets below 60ms whilst my other devices get as low as 9 ms. How do I fix this speed discrepancy on my series x.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming - Similar Threads - series running hot

2. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  3. Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s?: Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s Hello, I connected msi gaming monitor 165 hz and 1080p I put on xbox series S 120 hz and 1080p but in world of...
  4. Am I running on IPv6 on series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Am I running on IPv6 on series X?: I’m not sure if my series x is running on v6, v4 or both? When I look at network advanced settings it shows both(wireless). When I then go further into IP settings or DNS settings it only gives...
  5. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  6. Can my Xbox series s run a 1080p 165hz monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series s run a 1080p 165hz monitor?: I am wondering if my Xbox series S can run a 1080p 165hz monitor? Or a 1080p 144hz monitor 69e87b56-e541-4f03-8cd3-0406fe857029
  7. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  8. Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps.: Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps. c63865e5-13be-40ee-827e-c44e02e6369e
  9. Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.: Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. It is 120 fps compatible but only on 1080p, and 1440 compatible but only on 60 fps....
  10. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750: please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried...