Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage

Discus and support Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage It was reported on multiple occasions (including the post next to the last in this thread Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Emkay1001, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Emkay1001
    Emkay1001 Guest

It was reported on multiple occasions (including the post next to the last in this thread Xbox One X network
    settings bandwidth usage incorrect inaccurate wrong - Microsoft Community
    ) for various console models and on Reddit but for the record:

In my case Xbox Series X reports incorrect bandwidth usage in Terabytes (TBs - that's 1000 GB). There is no way that console would download so much data in such a brief time:

Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage [​IMG]

Does anyone happen to know if the relevant Product Team is aware?

:)

Emkay1001, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Bandwith Usage Question

Hi Naviv, my name is Oskayra it is my pleasure to answer your question:

If you set the refresh period to 1 day, the Xbox Series X console will collect bandwidth usage data for 24 hours and then update it in the Settings panel. This will allow you to see how your bandwidth has been used over the previous day.

If you want to delete or reset your bandwidth usage for a month, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & System > Settings.
    3. Select System > Updates & Downloads.
    4. 4. Select Bandwidth Usage.
    5. 5. Select Reset.

This will clear all bandwidth usage data for the current month.

You can also clear or reset the bandwidth usage for a specific game or application. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select My Games and Apps.

3. Select the game or application you want to delete or reset.

4. 4. Select More Options > Game Information.
    5. Scroll down to the "Bandwidth Usage" section and select Reset.

This will remove all bandwidth usage data for that game or application.

Regards, Oskayra
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox One X network settings bandwidth usage incorrect inaccurate wrong

You may want to use the Report a Problem feature (Long press Nexus button), as I and many others have reported this issue and Posted
    at Reddit XBox Insiders Forum
    for months now.

More reports provide essential data to solve this annoying issue, and hopefully a fix.
  4. Ryan248 Win User

Just applied 21.5GB of updates to 3 games within the hour, and, afterward, Bandwidth Usage shows my current period usage as
    469.7MB and summed-up hourly usage as 448.74MB.

So, to confirm, this is a known issue/bug, AND, a System Reset will not or may not fix it going forward for me, SO, it is recommended that I NOT bother with the hassle of performing a system reset and re-setup, and instead simply waiting for a forthcoming
    system update that fixes past and future data tabulation and display? Is that correct?

ALSO, ON A RELATED BUT DIFFERENT ISSUE, just to air my annoyance with how it currently works, when there is an update available for a game, WHY does checking the size of the update require launching the game and waiting for the resulting auto-quit and notice?
    Why isn't the update's size information more readily available?

As it says right there in the "game needs an update" notice, "connect time charges may apply", recognizing the reality that not everyone has unlimited data, and, if you are then trying to manage your data usage, isn't update size important to know without having
    to go through hoops?

Another way of viewing the size of the update is to just start the update and let it begin, but then if you cancel it because once you see the size you don't want to burn through the data to do the update at that time, the Xbox OS is very likely to then uninstall
    THE ENTIRE GAME, and if that happens, then you are required to re-install/download the ENTIRE game again.

For example, if there was a 14GB game update that you started because you didn't know the size of the update in advance, but then once seeing the size in the queue decided you didn't want to burn that amount of data allowance at that time, if you cancel it,
    you'd then very likely need to re-download the full game again, which might require 60-100+ GB of data usage. This is crazy, and I wanted to point this out as well.

Thanks again for listening

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. TektroNaut 22 Win User

"Xbox" is aware of this? Are you sure because I am going to contact my internet provider and I'm just saying if they tell me 5044185.42 TB was transmitted and I want to know what it was that you needed to received that
    was necessary from my Xbox because that's a lot of data in only one month I don't believe this was an accidental glitch. As you will see in the photos 11.something one month 17.something on another multiple hundreds on the others but something special went
    on around October mid November that for me Xbox transmitted 5044185.42 tb of historcal bandwidth data was necessary never had this happen about a 8 months to be exact. Not only that you can see its slowly increasing day by day. So Xbox if you don't mind
    can you give a valid explanation as to why this is happening? I'm in Los Angeles California just for clarification purposes.
    [​IMG]
  6. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

xbox is aware of this problem and it should be fixed pretty soon in the next few updates at this time you can only wait for the fix
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X reports incorrect network bandwidth usage - Similar Threads - Series reports incorrect

2. What drives are capadible for the series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    What drives are capadible for the series x: Trying to find a budget friendly storage expansion capadible for my series x 42da6d7d-ebb2-4580-b927-7cfe8bd9a6ea
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. Xbox series X no pictuy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X no pictuy: Xbox series X Hello has anyone else had this issue? My Xbox turns on but the screen is black and I can hear things moving with the controller but there is no picture any help would be much...
  5. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  6. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  7. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  8. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  9. How can I go about reporting my Xbox s series stolen and can I get it replaced?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I go about reporting my Xbox s series stolen and can I get it replaced?: Xbox s series has been stolen could I get another Xbox s series? 0a86023c-5f4d-4a10-b8d0-db03d5ffd82f
  10. Series X shuts down when using report a problem

in XboX Insiders
    Series X shuts down when using report a problem: when trying to use the report a problem series x shuts down when choosing diagnostic mode for error reporting. I have tried several times same result each time. I have done both a soft and hard...