Xbox Series X remote play Try Again in a while We can't connect to your Xbox right now

Discus and support Xbox Series X remote play Try Again in a while We can't connect to your Xbox right now in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I am currently away from my Xbox Series X but before I left I set up remote play and tested it at a friend's house where it worked great. Now... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nimish S, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Nimish S
    Nimish S Guest

Xbox Series X remote play Try Again in a while We can't connect to your Xbox right now

Hi all,

I am currently away from my Xbox Series X but before I left I set up remote play and tested it at a friend's house where it worked great. Now I am on the road (with no access to my Xbox to do a hard reset), and it says "Try again in a while" every single time I try to connect. This message comes up immediately. What can I do to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

Nimish S, Oct 21, 2022
  2. Caden Click Win User

I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my friendship is on the line

I'm trying to add my friend on the xbox series x but it says "sorry we can't save your changes right now. Try again in a while"
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, I never experienced problems with the remote play feature.
    You may need to double check if something in the router is blocking external connections to your console (a firewall at router level for example)

Most of these problems are related to the network used by the console or the device that you want to use

But if you think that's a problem with the Xbox system, the proper way to report this problem is using the report a problem app available on the console

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also, there is no outage related to the remote play feature
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
  4. Nimish S Win User

Thanks,

But that doesn't help me. I am sure that if I do a hard reset on my console it will work. But there is a bigger issue that needs to be understood - why is it locking me out after not using it for a few days? Do I need to use it every day for it to work? Even when I do use it, I would try and mitigate the risk by clicking "restart" so that my Xbox has a chance to power cycle because this has happened to me in the past. Do I need to log on and restart it every day for it to work properly? Seems like a design flaw and I am not the only one encountering it, but Microsoft isn't seeming to hear my feedback or help me on this. I've submitted numerous feedback forms on this topic to no response.

Nimish
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Nimish
    Another possibility is that the current wifi network use or your mobile provider gives you an strict NAT

Sincerely is hard to tell, right now the best option is double check your Xbox as soon as you arrive at home and then test with wifi networks outside the house or using temporarily your mobile data in the house
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nimish

Can someone else double check for you if the Xbox remote play feature is working properly using a device in your house?
    Also, are you trying to start the remote play session using mobile data or a public wifi network?
    Or with both types of connections the error persists?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X remote play Try Again in a while We can't connect to your Xbox right now - Similar Threads - Series remote play

2. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  3. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  4. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  5. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  6. On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?: On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely? c498ce13-e75a-4a5c-891c-2e27b273fc66
  7. Xbox Series X remote play not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X remote play not working on PC: I recently purchased and set up my Xbox series X. I'm trying to set up remote play to play on my PC. I have enabled remote play on my Xbox and made sure I have green check marks next to all the...
  8. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  9. Remote play issue with series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play issue with series X.: My series X is in standby mode and using the xbox app I'm trying to connect on my android pixel 8 for remote play. It keeps giving me the "try again later" message over and over. If I turn my X on...
  10. I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc: Every time i try to remote play on my xbox on my pc I get an error telling me that the console has been found but it was impossible to connect. On mobile remote play on my console works just...