Xbox Series X reliability issues?

Discus and support Xbox Series X reliability issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I managed to grab an Xbox Series X back in 2020 on the second drop of All Access and since then had to send back 2 consoles for repair/ replacement,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VICEGRIP96, Jul 2, 2021.

  1. VICEGRIP96
    VICEGRIP96 Guest

    Xbox Series X reliability issues?


    I managed to grab an Xbox Series X back in 2020 on the second drop of All Access and since then had to send back 2 consoles for repair/ replacement, due to different issues.

    The console is fantastic when it works but I’m now left with another 2 weeks without it yet I’m continuing to pay my monthly All Access. I was wondering if anyone else has found the console to be as unreliable as this?

    I get that its a new generation and to expect issues but I’m just left feeling frustrated

    :)
     
    VICEGRIP96, Jul 2, 2021
    #1
  2. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X reliability issues?

    i still have my november 2013 day one xbox one with the day one controller and kinect, all operational and still working to this day and that is in daily use in the front room by my kids. it is a case of luck of the draw.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X reliability issues?

    i would love to see the actual failure numbers as counting here and many many other forums and posts around the good old interweb there seems to be a lot of failures.

    i am wondering if the numbers are close to 360 fail rates as the usual mix of reported issues are:

    loose screws, which can short out anything or break something.

    hdmi chips frying as they did in the xbox one and x.

    hdmi port failures, they seem to be made from very weak metal.

    psu issues where the psu is completely doa.

    board issues where it does not tell the psu to switch on when the power button pressed.

    storage failures.

    disc drive failures.

    APU failures.

    then there is the controller failures too.

    doesn't look good on the Sony side too, they have lots of failures also.

    Probably all down to throwing them together as quickly as possible to get them shipped and quality control has gone out of the window.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X reliability issues?

    i still have my november 2013 day one xbox one with the day one controller and kinect, all operational and still working to this day and that is in daily use in the front room by my kids. it is a case of luck of the draw.
  5. -Aymara- Win User

    Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

    3. ONLY the Xbox-Series X has this issue, No other, including the Series S which is the “little brother” of the Series X

    4. The issue is the Series X
    Are you sure, that the Series S is not affected?
  6. SHAUNSEDGWICK Win User

    My home xbox keeps loading/spinning when I press it

    It's the xbox series x I'm having the issue with. Also my brother has the same issue with the xbox series x.
Thema:

Xbox Series X reliability issues?

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X reliability issues? - Similar Threads - Series reliability issues

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...