Xbox Series X refresh rarer with AW2720HF monitor

Discus and support Xbox Series X refresh rarer with AW2720HF monitor in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an Alienware Monitor (AW2720HF) hooked up to my Xbox Series X and it only shows me the option “allow 50hz”. Am I missing something here? The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PrettyFlyForAReply, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X refresh rarer with AW2720HF monitor

I have an Alienware Monitor (AW2720HF) hooked up to my Xbox Series X and it only shows me the option “allow 50hz”.

Am I missing something here? The monitor should be able to do more.

submitted by /u/PrettyFlyForAReply
    [link] [comments]

/u/PrettyFlyForAReply, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Amr Abdelhameed Win User

Dell S3221QS Monitor, HDR compatibility with Xbox Series X?

Can you please tell me if the variable refresh rate is working on series x with this monitor ????
  3. Redd_85 Win User

Will Xbox provide a fix for HDMI 2.0 144hz monitor to support 1440p 120hz/VRR OS Display Settings

Unlikely, as there is no purposes in doing so. as no Xbox software renders above 60hz. Your monitor already scales and doubles to a fixed refresh rate anyway. If you want high refresh rates you need to use a pC or possibly waiting for Series X
    Understandable but the xbox one x does not even allow me to select 1440p option with VRR via freesync for my monitor. Shouldnt it work so games capped at 60 fps are matching with the monitors refresh rate if frames increase or decrease?
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Does a 144hz monitor still work on the Xbox Series X will it detect?

Hi, Casper. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

The 144 Hz monitor should work fine with an Xbox Series X console. Make sure you set the refresh rate properly in the Xbox Series X settings.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Will Xbox provide a fix for HDMI 2.0 144hz monitor to support 1440p 120hz/VRR OS Display Settings

Unlikely, as there is no purposes in doing so. as no Xbox software renders above 60hz. Your monitor already scales and doubles to a fixed refresh rate anyway. If you want high refresh rates you need to use a pC or possibly waiting for Series X
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

120 fps on 144hz monitor?

Hi,

Not 'any monitor' no. They need to be be pretty much exactly 120Hz over HDMI. Forget the other refresh rates, 144Hz and beyond are PC refresh rates for PC connected via Display Port. Just because a display says 144Hz, 166Hz or whatever, doesn't mean it will support 120Hz when connected to an Xbox Series X.

However, monitor's have become really popular for console owners since the latest machines launched in 2020. There are loads of reviews of monitors that have been proven to work on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-gaming-monitor-7003

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

Also, YouTube is a great source of reviews and recommendations for displays for the Xbox Series X|S console. Ignore the reviews that are for PC unless they specifically show the monitor working on a console.

Lastly, bear in mind that unlike TV's, most monitors do not have built in speakers. To achieve sound without headphones will require you to connect a set of PC speakers via the monitors built in 3.5mm headphone jack.
Thema:

Xbox Series X refresh rarer with AW2720HF monitor

1. Xbox Series X refresh rarer with AW2720HF monitor - Similar Threads - Series refresh rarer

2. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  3. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  4. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  5. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  6. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  7. Xbox series x refresh...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x refresh...: Given that Sony announces the PS5 Pro with a graphics performance of 23 teraflops and that Microsoft announces the Xbox Series X Refresh with only 12 teraflops for 2024, how can the Xbox franchise...
  8. When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing...: When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing will pop up ed2ada33-6e06-4333-8576-54cef2e76bfd
  9. Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?: I have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate and when I go into videos setting for my Series X Xbox the option for "Allow Variable Refresh Rate"...
  10. My Xbox series S when I try to delete a clip it deletes but then I refresh my tab and the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series S when I try to delete a clip it deletes but then I refresh my tab and the...: whenever I try to delete a clip on my Xbox series, S it will be deleted, but then when I refresh, it will be back on my Xbox. fa22812c-a17c-4379-ae0b-7c5a3a1e3618