Xbox Series X randomly won't turn on. Restarted the console and doesn't power on - Out of...

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly won't turn on. Restarted the console and doesn't power on - Out of... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have never had an issue with any other console in the past and my console is sitting out in the open, not in an enclosed space and I live in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XB92AI, Jan 17, 2023.

1. XB92AI
    XB92AI Guest

Xbox Series X randomly won't turn on. Restarted the console and doesn't power on - Out of...

Hi,

I have never had an issue with any other console in the past and my console is sitting out in the open, not in an enclosed space and I live in a smoke and pet free home.

I went to play my Xbox Series X today and noticed my game clips were only recording for 7 seconds rather than the 30 it was set at. I Googled the issue that said a restart of the console should fix the issue. I restarted the console and it has just not turned back on.

I have left the power cord out for 1 hour and plugged it in again, it hasn't worked. I have tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, plugging the console in to a different outlet and trying other electronic devices in the outlet the Xbox was connected to. The outlet works, the Xbox doesn't.

When I plug in a controller or headset, the light of the cable will come on and the light on the headset will come on, indicating there is still energy flowing through the system.

I have contacted Amazon and the console is out of warranty. I am not even a heavy user of this console and have only completed a handful of titles since I bought it on release day.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? What are my options?

Thanks.

:)

XB92AI, Jan 17, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Do I need a new controller?

Hello ÚÑKÑØẄÑ ©, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X controller. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart your Xbox console: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox console until it turns off. Next, disconnect the Xbox Series X from its power source. Turn off the Xbox controller and remove its batteries. Finally, connect and turn on your Xbox Series X.

Restart the controller: Press and hold the power button on the controller for several seconds until it turns off. Then turn it back on.

Pair the controller with the console again: Press and hold the sync button on the console until the power button flashes. Then, press and hold the sync button on the controller until the lights on the controller flash.

Best regards.
  3. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

Hi, If you didn't know, the Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power. It can also hard crash, even when playing relatively low-powered games like Minecraft.
  4. DeniqL Win User

I left my room and left my Xbox running because I only left for about 1 minute. Whenever I came back my Xbox shut itself off and it won't turn back on

Hi,Jace! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Let´s first try resetting the power supply

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S have an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide. If your console won't turn on, it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cord from the console.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the front of the console.

Also, was there any power outage that you know of when you left?
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Series X software update issue

Hi GR8YFOX,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Xbox Series X Console in terms of updating your profile. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

As per your description, you have an Xbox Series X software update issue. We will recommend you to perform a reset and/or power cycle to your Xbox console.

Restart your console from the Power Center:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center.
    2. Select Restart console.
    3. Select Restart.
    Restart your console from guide:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
    3. Select Restart now.
    Physically power cycle the console:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
    If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in instant-on power mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Instant-on mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues and support articles that might be related to your concern.

Introducing the new Xbox Series X|S consoles | Xbox Support

How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support

About system updates on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One | Xbox Support

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Please let us know if the issue still persist by posting a reply. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X randomly won't turn on. Restarted the console and doesn't power on - Out of... - Similar Threads - Series randomly won't

2. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  5. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  6. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  7. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  8. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  9. why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video: my clips will randomly freeze when shooting at enemies ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f69579f-ec2c-47bd-a218-a2488d115c95
  10. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...