Xbox Series X randomly turning off.

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly turning off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have had my Xbox Series X since launch and over the last few months, I can remember it randomly shuts itself off. This normally happens... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mikey86uk, May 2, 2022.

1. Mikey86uk
    Mikey86uk Guest

Hi guys.

I have had my Xbox Series X since launch and over the last few months, I can remember it randomly shuts itself off. This normally happens either during a game or once I've closed the game down and it's been sat on the home screen for a few minutes.

It doesn't happen all the time but it's so frustrating. Once this has happened the controller light keeps flashing for a few seconds once it's stopped flashing the only way to turn the console back on is to press the power button on the actual console.

The console has plenty of ventilation and I have gone into the settings and set it to "Don't turn off automatically" i have also plugged it directly into the wall and not a power bank and it still hasn't had any effect. As so I'm not sure doing a full reset will help in any way? Is there anything else i can try?

This does seem to be a common fault that Microsoft hasn't accepted so looks like it will cost me around £250 to get it repaired?

Thanks for any help or information.

:)

Mikey86uk, May 2, 2022
  2. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  3. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  4. nightdragon tc Win User

Series X randomly turning off

[​IMG]
    had
    this come up just before it died again
    i dont even get this it just turns off
  5. guitargladiator Win User

same. turns off after usually less than a minute. doesn't seem hot at all. Haven't even been able to start installing a game yet. Barely made it through the initial console update.
  6. guitargladiator Win User

tried letting it rest unplugged for an hour. same thing less than a minute after turning on. not even launching a game, just at the dashboard.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X randomly turning off. - Similar Threads - Series randomly turning

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  4. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...
  5. Xbox series S turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S turning off randomly: For the past few months my Xbox series S has been turning off randomly. Sometimes when I’m playing a game and sometimes when I’m just watching YouTube. It’s even happened when I’ve been sat at the...
  6. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  7. My Xbox Series X randomly turns off when playing certain games

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X randomly turns off when playing certain games: Hi I bought my Xbox series X around a year ago now and it worked fine for the first few months but all of a sudden when playing games like fortnite or cod my Xbox just completely shuts off it’s...
  8. My series s keeps turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s keeps turning off randomly: sometimes it shows the message that says its overheating and sometimes it doesnt ive tried every method to prevent my xbox overheating but nothing works dcef5166-95f5-403b-b9d4-f5b7f48c59b6
  9. Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games: I have looked around for someone with the same issue as me and I can't seem to find a post similar to my current situation so I suppose I'll start it. I've had this series x for awhile now and...
  10. XBOX Series X turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X turning off randomly: Hey, I'm having troubles with my xbox. I was trying to start a game but It was saying it required multiplayer even after quiting the game and returning so I restarted xbox. After that the game...