Xbox series x randomly turning off and not turning back on

Discus and support Xbox series x randomly turning off and not turning back on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So when it turns off randomly I could be watching a movie playing a game or just setting at home it's turns off. But when I unplug it and slamm it on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Guardedspider85, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Xbox series x randomly turning off and not turning back on

So when it turns off randomly I could be watching a movie playing a game or just setting at home it's turns off. But when I unplug it and slamm it on the ground it's turns back on. But will continue to turn off randomly.

:)

Guardedspider85, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Guardedspider85 Win User

But that's not the problem it's very well vented and not next to anything
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support: "It is important to make sure your console is in a cool, well-ventilated place. Remove any objects on, under, or right next to the console"

Please make sure that your console is in a well-ventilated place because that may cause the issue that you're experiencing.

You may also need to reset the Internal power supply by following the steps below:

"1. Unplug the mains lead from the console.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console."

You can also check this link for your reference: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Francia J. Win User

That may have caused the issue but since you have confirmed that it is in a well-ventilated place, I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  6. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
Thema:

1. Xbox series x randomly turning off and not turning back on - Similar Threads - series randomly turning

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  4. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...
  5. Xbox series S turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S turning off randomly: For the past few months my Xbox series S has been turning off randomly. Sometimes when I’m playing a game and sometimes when I’m just watching YouTube. It’s even happened when I’ve been sat at the...
  6. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  7. My Xbox Series X randomly turns off when playing certain games

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X randomly turns off when playing certain games: Hi I bought my Xbox series X around a year ago now and it worked fine for the first few months but all of a sudden when playing games like fortnite or cod my Xbox just completely shuts off it’s...
  8. My series s keeps turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s keeps turning off randomly: sometimes it shows the message that says its overheating and sometimes it doesnt ive tried every method to prevent my xbox overheating but nothing works dcef5166-95f5-403b-b9d4-f5b7f48c59b6
  9. Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games: I have looked around for someone with the same issue as me and I can't seem to find a post similar to my current situation so I suppose I'll start it. I've had this series x for awhile now and...
  10. XBOX Series X turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X turning off randomly: Hey, I'm having troubles with my xbox. I was trying to start a game but It was saying it required multiplayer even after quiting the game and returning so I restarted xbox. After that the game...