Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly shutting off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series X Has been randomly shutting off in between games , ive reset it , Made sure it was ventilated and i'm not sure what to do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by クラウド ㅤ, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

My Xbox series X Has been randomly shutting off in between games , ive reset it , Made sure it was ventilated and i'm not sure what to do

:)

クラウド ㅤ, Jan 24, 2023
  2. SoundPeach Win User

Is the Xbox X|S unstable (bricking, crashing etc.)?

just got my series x 2 days a go and my console will randomly freeze then shut off im having texture issues with games that are enhanced and also audio issues
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox Series X Randomly Shuts Off

I would strongly suggest trying the troubleshooting steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear

Then select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

Also, It would be great if you can delete the local save of the game.

If the issue persists, please try to soft reset the console
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Before sending the console in for repair I would suggest that you exit the insider's program to use a more stable system and dashboard version, see if the problem persists.

It's not normal for consoles to shut down even while participating in the insider's program, I also suggest you try the tips below.

Change the HDMI port your console is connected to the tv and also the console itself

Try plugging the console directly into the power outlet, without using a line filter

Try testing the console on another power outlet

I also suggest you do a factory reset keeping your games and apps.

If the problem persists even following the instructions above, I suggest reading the article below for possible solutions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- If none of this solves the problem, I'm afraid it's a hardware problem that would need repair or replacement. If the console is still within its warranty period you can be activating it via the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

6. Yineca Win User

When you turn it back on does a overheat message come on the screen?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X randomly shutting off - Similar Threads - Series randomly shutting

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  4. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  8. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  9. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  10. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....