Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during 2k

Discus and support Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during 2k in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do you get a refund for a series X? The system is clearly defective, and wasn't properly tested before being put into production. It randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewHanel, Sep 15, 2022.

1. AndrewHanel
    AndrewHanel Guest

How do you get a refund for a series X?

The system is clearly defective, and wasn't properly tested before being put into production. It randomly shuts off when playing online. Most notably during the rec, in any series X|S version of 2k. Don't take my word for it, there is another thread here with almost 700 views and 70+ "I have the same question"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...crashing/2013f51c-e933-4828-989e-c683fe369151

The response is the same to everyone, "go through the troubleshooting procedures, and if that doesn't work, send it in for service".

And don't even get me started on service orders...

You CHARGE to return your defective system with "expedited shipping" (6-11 business days) via UPS ground, which by the way, the SLOWEST consumer shipping they offer is 1-5 business days so I have no idea how I'm being charged to ship it slower? Again, don't believe me? Go look at the UPS website.

That's all besides the point. Point is, getting the system "repaired" doesn't do anything. This is the second series X I've sent in to be "repaired" same issue.

Unfortunately, the store I bought it from has a 90 day return policy, and the series X was made just well enough to last 90 days, but not much longer than that.

So again I ask, how do I get a refund for the oversized paper weight?

:)

AndrewHanel, Sep 15, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi AndrewHanel,

Thank you again for your immediate response.

Based on the screenshot you have shared with us on section 6A, it explicitly tells us that only if Microsoft determines that the Microsoft Product malfunctioned under Normal use conditions during the warranty period due to a defect in materials or workmanship etc. Now, currently you are communicating through Microsoft Community platform wherein members do not have the capability to determine whether the device has been damaged due to misuse of the user or just malfunctioned due to normal usage — hence section 6.A has not been successfully fulfilled. Because of that, we highly recommend you to submit a bug and allow the Team Xbox to investigate the issue with the game - NBA 2k23. If found out that the game is needs improvement then that would be raised to the right people. Please follow the steps below:

1. Install Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store in your console.
    2. Press and hold the Xbox button, and then select Report a problem and choose Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. Enter a this title: [Forum NBA2k23 crashing Console shutting-off]
    7. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    8. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send. The details about the steps can be found on this support article: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
    EDIT:

Do you mind sharing other games you are having issues with? That way we can isolate whether the console is defective because of how it was being manufactured or else the issue you were experiencing is caused by the bug of the game.

Should you choose not to submit a bug to Team Xbox, then there is not much else we can do. You are more than welcome to send the device in for repairs covered by your warranty.

Regards,

3. AndrewHanel Win User

Step 3 is where the issue is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for your quick response, AndrewHanel.

Would you mind selecting the later part?

[​IMG]

Let me know if that is not available by sending a reply here. 😊

Regards,

5. AndrewHanel Win User

Normally, yes. Going to the retailer would be a much easier, but they have a 90 day return policy. Since the retailer isn't the one that put the console under warranty, I went to Microsoft, and Microsoft says in their own warranty that they'll refund the purchase price of a product purchased at an authorized retailer. Section 6, paragraph a:

[​IMG]
  6. AndrewHanel Win User

I would completely understand that if Microsoft wasn't the one that holds the warranty. If Microsoft is incapable of fulfilling the warranty I need to ask the retailer for a refund? Or are you saying that Microsoft just flat out doesn't do refunds, and will continue to "fix it" until the warranty expires and then I'm left with the aforementioned glorified paper weight, minus another $20-50 paying for shipping back for service every few months?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during 2k - Similar Threads - Series randomly shuts

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  4. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  8. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  9. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  10. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....