Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes

Discus and support Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues, as the subject line says, every once in a while the system will become unresponsive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RussellBellucci, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues, as the subject line says, every once in a while the system will become unresponsive and shut itself down... This has happened to me only twice since i have had it.(for roughly a month.) Both times involved running applications, one a game, and another the youtube app. I have verified that the Fan works, and truly don't believe it to be a heat related issue, it's in a well ventilated area. If it is a hardware issue i suppose it can be related to the Power Supply.

The second issue is that the controller will sometimes become unresponsive, although it appears to be on and connected... When that happens the power button doesn't even work, meaning you can not shut down the controller by pressing it... It will just stay lit, the only way i have found to fix the issue is to remove the batteries, and put them back into the controller.

My guess is that it is a software issue, and not really a major one at the moment, more of a nuisance. The only suggested step i have not taken is to unplug my xbox one legacy drive with all my games on it, and do a system reset. My main purpose in writing this, is to check in as one experiencing these issues, and secondly with the hopes of getting any information or confirmation that these things are being looked in to.

Thank you.

:)

RussellBellucci, Mar 3, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

3. Ex Calibur Win User

Xbox Series X Random Shutdown

As I stated in the original post, I have already tried all of the troubleshooting for this. It happens at very random times. I know it is not overheating because it has never been hot to the touch and after it turns off, it will run continuously afterward with no issue. I have tried using a surge protector and I currently have it plugged directly into the wall outlet. It is still a recurring issue.
  4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Ex Calibur, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! Please access the link below and follow the instructions provided to troubleshoot the issue.

The link: Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. Ex Calibur Win User

Update for May 8th, 2021, today my Xbox has turned off 3 times in the middle of a game. My screen goes black and then the Xbox beeps and turns off. The controller does not even turn off, showing that this shutdown is completely irregular and not proper. Can someone at Microsoft please help me?
  6. VinceSSJ Win User

Xbox One S: random reboot/complete shutdown when goes to sleep mode!

Thanks for the reply.

In effect i think it's normal the controller blinks some times after a full shutdown but in my case when the described issue occurs the controller continues to blink during about 2 or 3 minutes after shutdown and i do not think it's normal.

But the main trouble is the random reboot or random full shutdown when i put xbox in sleep mode. This should not happen because the instant start-up is selected in the settings...
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes - Similar Threads - Series Random shutdowns

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  4. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  8. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  9. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  10. Xbox series s randomically makes the shutdown sound even when it's off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s randomically makes the shutdown sound even when it's off: My xbox series s randomically makes the shutdown noises after the console itself is shutdown, in the past 3 hours it did that for about 6 times but now it seems to have stopped. Does someone know...