XBOX SERIES X PROBLEM WITH 1440p and 120Hz

Discus and support XBOX SERIES X PROBLEM WITH 1440p and 120Hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have bought a new monitor: GIGABYTE M27Q and when I have connected it to my xbox series X I can't choose 120Hz with 1440p. It's very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by inghenio, Nov 27, 2020.

1. inghenio
    inghenio Guest

Hi all,

I have bought a new monitor: GIGABYTE M27Q and when I have connected it to my xbox series X I can't choose 120Hz with 1440p. It's very embarasing situation because the specifications of the monitor allows 2560x1440@120Hz with its HDMI. I would like to know
    what's the addtional requirement of the XBOX series X in order to choose 1440p monitor to finally playing at 120Hz.

Thank you very much,

:)

inghenio, Nov 27, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
  3. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X. 1440p lies.

Without display 1.4 support there is no reason to target 1440p at 120hz. Only screens are able to do this have 4k 120hz with HDMI2.1.
    Hi,

Sorry you feel this way, but that is not true. There are compatibility issues with monitors and the Series X/S sure, but there are some monitors that can do 1440P 120Hz via HDMI 2.0 without issues.

The Five listed here
    from Rtings.com can all support 120Hz @ 1440P over HDMI 2.0.

I have also seen on here that the Samsung G7 can also do 1440P @120Hz effortlessly.

Just because your monitor doesn't work doesn't Microsoft were lying.

Also there is a lot more to the Series X than just a fast SSD. It has a GPU at least twice as fast as the Xbox One X and a CPU 3x faster. The Series X also has Raytracing.
  5. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  6. Sermonator91 Win User

Xbox Series X. 144Htz at 1440p

Many thanks for your response but I'm afraid you are mistaken. HDMI 2.0 has always supported 1440p at 120hz. Even the article you sent says this.

"The HDMI 2.0 connector was previously featured on Xbox One X and Xbox One S, with bandwidth limitations locking content to 4K resolution at 60Hz, or 1440p at 120Hz"

So my question remains How do I get 1440p at 120Hz on the xbox series X with the huawei mateview gt34 monitor that is capable of supporing this?
Thema:

1. XBOX SERIES X PROBLEM WITH 1440p and 120Hz - Similar Threads - SERIES PROBLEM 1440p

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Static IP address problem on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static IP address problem on Series X: On Monday morning my Xbox Series X (and laptop) was working just fine, connecting to the WiFi with absolutely no problems. The console was on standby mode until Wednesday morning, and now it...
  4. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x internet problem when playing game: My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or...
  5. Headphone problem (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Headphone problem (Xbox series S): “I’m having an issue with my Xbox Series S: when I plug headphones into the controller, the sound is low and muffled, as if underwater. I’ve already tested multiple headphones and controllers,...
  6. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  7. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  8. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  9. Xbox Series S game problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S game problem: Hi Guys, I’m having a problem loading a game in my console, whenever I start this game my Xbox light just blinks twice and then it restarts. I’ve been trying with other games and it works just...
  10. New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV: New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV I booted up my Xbox Series X for the first time on Thursday. It worked fine on my Hitachi TV. It downloaded games overnight. On Friday...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m27q series x

2. 1440p problem xbox

3. m27q series.x

4. xbox series 2560x1440 120hz,
  5. Gigabyte M27Q Xbox series x