Xbox Series X power saving not working

Discus and support Xbox Series X power saving not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've measured power usage of my Xbox Series X and it looks like power saving mode is not working as declared, it's supposed to use 0.5W and it is using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adam Musiol, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Adam Musiol
    Adam Musiol Guest

I've measured power usage of my Xbox Series X and it looks like power saving mode is not working as declared, it's supposed to use 0.5W and it is using 24W.

Is this normal for xbox to use this amount of power while in power saving mode?

All my power usage measurements:

Gaming: 160 - 204W

Dashboard Navigation: 65 - 84W

Standby Mode: 31 - 51W ( at the beginning )

Power Saving Mode: 24 - 51W ( at the beginning )

Shutdown completly: 24W

:)

Adam Musiol, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Adam Musiol,

We appreciate for you time and effort. We would like you to please submit feedback via Report a Problem and put Xbox Forums in the title. Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Adam Musiol,

We appreciate for providing us the details and quick response.

Can you please perform the following;

• Go to settings > System > Console Info > and share the OS Version & Shell Version
    • Make sure "Start up Chime" is set to Off.
    • and then test choosing "Full Shut Down" and check if the power consumption is still the same.
    • If still the the issue persist, submit feedback via Report a Problem and put Xbox Forums in the title. Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Have a great day ahead.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. PREDATOR 2452 Win User

Problem with energy saving mode not working , workaround go to Settings , General , Power options , Shutdown now . Hope this helps.đź‘Ť
  5. Adam Musiol Win User

I turned off chime and have done Full Shut Down and it still consumes 24W.

OS version

Shell version

6. SwordofWhedon Win User

You need to be on Energy saving setting

They have changed the terminology several times
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X power saving not working - Similar Threads - Series power saving

2. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  3. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  4. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  5. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  6. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  7. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  8. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  9. Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?: I am simply worried because I don’t want to ever have to get it fixed. 763026f9-1544-4e32-bcf7-29c30dce81f7
  10. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...