Xbox Series X power cord spark

Discus and support Xbox Series X power cord spark in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This may be a foolish question but when I plugged the console's power cord to the console (cord was plugged into the outlet :( ) I heard some spark... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by morswinn, Sep 21, 2022.

1. morswinn
    morswinn Guest

This may be a foolish question but when I plugged the console's power cord to the console (cord was plugged into the outlet Xbox Series X power cord spark :( ) I heard some spark noises. Is this normal? I just want to be sure that I do not damaged my console.I done that by mistake. I know that I need to be more careful. But is my Xbox safe?

:)

morswinn, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello morswinn, this is normal, this is because the cable is plugged into the socket first and this seve noise to the metal contacts join.

I also often disconnect the cable from my console, and when reconnecting makes this little noise.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

sometimes happens, just a little arc, in future always plug the cable into the device first then the outlet. you should be ok.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Series X and Xbox one power leads

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

If it's the Xbox One S and X power cord it will work on Xbox Series X anywhere in the world.
  5. PlushRelic54582 Win User

Series X power cord

Hello, Thanks for Posting on Microsoft forums and yes The Xbox one x power cable is compatible as it is the same cable for next gen consoles.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox Series X power cord

It needs to be plugged directly into a wall socket.

Do not plug it into a surge protector as it can cause issues.

Xbox consoles have a built in surge protector so need to worry on that front.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X power cord spark - Similar Threads - Series power cord

2. LOOSE XBOX ONE SERIES S POWER CORD

in XBoX on Consoles
    LOOSE XBOX ONE SERIES S POWER CORD: i just got the new xbox about 1 month ago n everything was perfectly fine and outta no where it started to get loose and fall out and disconnect and today it still has that problem but my reason...
  3. Series X Power Cord Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Power Cord Compatibility: I lost my series X power cord when it was replaced for hardware issues. I have a Kenic ke-05b power cable that may work but because this is a replacement, my power cord could fry the console if...
  4. About whether the Xbox series s device power cord can be unplugged.

in XBoX on Consoles
    About whether the Xbox series s device power cord can be unplugged.: Due to habit, I always cut off the power of all electrical appliances before going to bed. I'm curious now. Will Xbox series fail to power down after a complete shutdown because of its fast...
  5. Xbox series s power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s power cord: I bought a xbox series s but I lost the power cord. I have a PS4 power cord that I don't use anymore, can I use it with the xbox without damaging the device? 714ea7a1-00be-4efe-888e-8d4a59f50657
  6. Xbox Series X power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X power cord: Does the power cord for the Xbox Series X need to be connected to a wall outlet, or can I connect it to a surge protector? dc3b92a7-84e9-424d-9910-06d25ce417b2
  7. Xbox series x power cord falling out resulting in the xbox turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x power cord falling out resulting in the xbox turning off: I need some help. So for some dumb reason, Id be playing a game and the cord would just fall out or disconnect and the xbox would turn off. Just happened and now the xbox isnt working despite me...
  8. Series X power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X power cord: Do you know if the One x power cord is compatible with the x series? I have the cable of the series behind the furniture and if I want to take the console to the room I cannot ... If the cable...
  9. Could Xbox Series X bricking be from power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could Xbox Series X bricking be from power cord?: My Xbox Series X after about 5-6 hours of use bricked on me yesterday and will be shipping it out soon. But before I do I'm curious if it could be a problem with the power cord? It made tiny...
  10. Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X?: Got my Xbox Series X today. Yay!!! Opened the box and found TWO High-Speed HDMI Cables but ZERO power cable. I personally don't want to deal with returning it and then waiting for a replacement...