Xbox Series X power cord spark

Discus and support Xbox Series X power cord spark in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This may be a foolish question but when I plugged the console's power cord to the console (cord was plugged into the outlet :( ) I heard some spark... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by morswinn, Sep 21, 2022.

1. morswinn
    morswinn Guest

This may be a foolish question but when I plugged the console's power cord to the console (cord was plugged into the outlet Xbox Series X power cord spark :( ) I heard some spark noises. Is this normal? I just want to be sure that I do not damaged my console.I done that by mistake. I know that I need to be more careful. But is my Xbox safe?

:)

morswinn, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

nope, but as said, always plug into the device first.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello morswinn, this is normal, this is because the cable is plugged into the socket first and this seve noise to the metal contacts join.

I also often disconnect the cable from my console, and when reconnecting makes this little noise.
  4. morswinn Win User

So nothing to worry about?
  5. morswinn Win User

Installation I think is ok. No power surges for me haha. Im glad that my Xbox is going to be ok. Thank you .
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, if your electrical installations are normal, there are no power surges or anything like that, there's nothing to worry about.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X power cord spark - Similar Threads - Series power cord

2. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  3. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  4. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  5. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  6. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  7. Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?: I am simply worried because I don’t want to ever have to get it fixed. 763026f9-1544-4e32-bcf7-29c30dce81f7
  8. Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?: My wife insist that the original Xbox has a power cord that will work on the Xbox Series S. Is she crazy or am I wrong? 28aff0ff-bcf1-4ee7-a19d-aa944fd8bf54
  9. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  10. Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?: I lost the power cable for my xbox series x and saw that if you dissconect the power cable from the entire charger, it looks the same as an xbox series x power cable. So, this got me wondering if...