Xbox series x power cord falling out resulting in the xbox turning off

Discus and support Xbox series x power cord falling out resulting in the xbox turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need some help. So for some dumb reason, Id be playing a game and the cord would just fall out or disconnect and the xbox would turn off. Just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrCopper, Mar 27, 2021.

1. MrCopper
    MrCopper Guest

I need some help. So for some dumb reason, Id be playing a game and the cord would just fall out or disconnect and the xbox would turn off. Just happened and now the xbox isnt working despite me reconnecting and disconnecting. I need a replacement cable and if that doesnt work, what do I do?

:)

MrCopper, Mar 27, 2021
  2. MrCopper Win User

Update: I submitted a repair request. I dont think the cable is the issue. Probably the port on the xbox itself
  3. SammyVS Win User

Connecting headset

The headset should work on an Xbox One controller and Xbox Series S/X controllers.

Turn off the controller by holding the Xbox button on the controller until the controller turns off and unplug the headset.

On your console press and hold the Xbox console button until the console turns off, remove the power cord from the console, and wait 1 minute.

Plug the power cord into your console again, turn on the console with your controller, and when you see your console's dashboard connect the headset to the controller and see if that solves the problem.
  4. aMexicanErb Win User

Xbox One Original Turns on randomly

So i have an original Xbox (was looking to replace it then they announced the Series X, might as well wait it out). I had an issue where my Xbox would randomly turn on or once it was on it would shut off. I tried to pin point the issue and finally landed
    on it being the Power Cord. So i paid 50 bucks or so at my local game stop and got a new power cord. It solved the issue, i have not had a problem since!

How i pin pointed it being the power cord you ask, try this if your Xbox is on, try wiggling the cord, it should beep and power down or you can try it with the System off and it might turn it off, but it works better if you power on the system and then wiggle
    the cord, if nothing happens it is probably not the cord. i would try shaking/wiggling the cord in several different areas as well.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hunter:Call of the Wild

Try this! 1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Modren warfare messing with me

Try this: 1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x power cord falling out resulting in the xbox turning off - Similar Threads - series power cord

2. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  5. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  6. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  7. Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I be worried about the Xbox Series S power cord port wearing and tearing?: I am simply worried because I don’t want to ever have to get it fixed. 763026f9-1544-4e32-bcf7-29c30dce81f7
  8. Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Series S use a power cord from the old, old, OG Xbox?: My wife insist that the original Xbox has a power cord that will work on the Xbox Series S. Is she crazy or am I wrong? 28aff0ff-bcf1-4ee7-a19d-aa944fd8bf54
  9. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  10. Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the plugs for the surface laptop chargers function as a makeshift xbox series x power cord?: I lost the power cable for my xbox series x and saw that if you dissconect the power cable from the entire charger, it looks the same as an xbox series x power cable. So, this got me wondering if...