Xbox Series X power button flashing

Discus and support Xbox Series X power button flashing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently when my series x powers off, it spends a couple minutes with the power button flashing at regular intervals. I've checked console updates.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GazShepherd, Feb 16, 2022.

1. GazShepherd
    GazShepherd Guest

Recently when my series x powers off, it spends a couple minutes with the power button flashing at regular intervals.

I've checked console updates. None needed.

I've reset and kept setting. No change.

My hdmi connection is fine.

When it's on it runs no problem, no random reboots or shutdowns, no game freezes/crashes.

Anyone able to shed some light?

Thanks

:)

GazShepherd, Feb 16, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and then it doesn't power on.

The rapid flashing of the power button on the Xbox Series X indicates that there may be an issue with the console's power supply or the internal hardware.
  3. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome and that would be great.
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox series X flashing power button

Hi, HerbertGaldamez! thank you for your reply.

In my experience, this kind of problem is usually hardware-related.

• May I ask how long has your console been like this?

• Have you noticed if this also happens when you use the controller to turn your console on?

• Have you already tried doing a soft factory reset?

• Have you already tried power-cycling both your console and your controller? like this:

- Press and hold your controller's Xbox button until it shuts down.

- Remove your controller's batteries and the Micro-USB cable (if plugged in) for a minute or two.

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.

- Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Turn your console on and check if the issues persist.
  5. HerbertGaldamez Win User

Xbox series X flashing power button

Everything works perfect but that flashing light won't stop.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary and I can even play and do all my stuff as always but then again, that flashing light won't stop
  6. GazShepherd Win User

Thanks, will try this tonight
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X power button flashing - Similar Threads - Series power button

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  5. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  6. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  7. My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...: My Xbox Series X Controller did get scratched and the color did get faded on it what I should in this case or situation any suggestion or advice the help are appreciated be kind if you not mind...
  8. Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button: Title says it all. Any reasons for this other than a possible PSU issue? 2c6db711-36ba-4586-bc54-4ccf97338372
  9. Xbox series x power button light but no power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x power button light but no power: Hi, The past few days my Xbox series x has been hit and miss whether it turns on or not, the power button light flashes on when I press it and then turns off, repeated tries and a power cycle...
  10. Xbox series X Power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Power button: I have bought a Xbox series X but the Power button can wiggle around most from top to bottom is it normal I also can see the gap when the Power button I light 2b8ac11d-ecdd-4656-8b2c-c98502304bbf