Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and...

Discus and support Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I went to play my Xbox Series X earlier and when I went to power it on from the controller, the power button on the console flashed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ninjasauce4000, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and...

Hello, everyone. I went to play my Xbox Series X earlier and when I went to power it on from the controller, the power button on the console flashed rapidly for a couple of minutes and then stayed off. I waited a moment and tried to power it on again from the controller and nothing happened.

I then tried to power it on from the consoles power button and so far its been running normally. What do the rapid flashes mean? Has anyone else experienced this issue? It was off for an entire day so it wasn't overheating and there are no external drives attached.

:)

ninjasauce4000, Mar 24, 2023
  2. ninjasauce4000 Win User

Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and then it doesn't power on.

I won't be putting in a service order. I'd much rather buy another Xbox Series X if this one fails. I've noticed more users posting about issues with their console not turning on or being weird in general since the new update.

There have been two new posts with similar issues to mine in the last hour. This leads me to believe it's some form of issue with the recent update.
  3. ninjasauce4000 Win User

Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and then it doesn't power on.

I understand that. It's just weird that it happened once after a recent update and now is working fine. If it was hardware related I would imagine it never would have turned on since it would mean something is damaged internally somehow.

It's been on for about 4 hours since with zero issues. Since my controller was desynced I was hoping it was just a random glitch caused by the controller desyncing during bootup. There being no error code is also strange.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

It is normal to have conflicting information, we are players and we are informing through our experience, but I worked with hardware maintenance and I know that led results are simple to be used as a hardware response, it would not make sense to program this error and not alert on screen the error, when they are as simple as this type of error, they are made for a technician to identify and not a user, and that is why they are hardware, to be easily and accurately identified.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Exactly, wait for it to actually present the defect to open the service order. hope you have a good night.
  6. ninjasauce4000 Win User

Well, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for your quick replies. I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Thema:

Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and...

1. Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and... - Similar Threads - Series power button

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  5. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  6. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  7. My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...: My Xbox Series X Controller did get scratched and the color did get faded on it what I should in this case or situation any suggestion or advice the help are appreciated be kind if you not mind...
  8. Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button: Title says it all. Any reasons for this other than a possible PSU issue? 2c6db711-36ba-4586-bc54-4ccf97338372
  9. Xbox series x power button light but no power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x power button light but no power: Hi, The past few days my Xbox series x has been hit and miss whether it turns on or not, the power button light flashes on when I press it and then turns off, repeated tries and a power cycle...
  10. Xbox series X Power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Power button: I have bought a Xbox series X but the Power button can wiggle around most from top to bottom is it normal I also can see the gap when the Power button I light 2b8ac11d-ecdd-4656-8b2c-c98502304bbf