Xbox series X persistently can’t connect to internet

Discus and support Xbox series X persistently can’t connect to internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series x which has been working fine for about 3 months. In the last few days when it is switched on it can’t connect to the internet.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EvilPuppetMaster, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Xbox series X persistently can’t connect to internet

I have an Xbox series x which has been working fine for about 3 months. In the last few days when it is switched on it can’t connect to the internet. At first I was using wifi. Following troubleshooting steps like restarting the router and the Xbox fixes the issue. Also clearing the MAC address fixes the issue (at the cost of having to re-enter the wifi password). The problem is though that after switching off and on again, the problem reappears, and so either I have to restart my router or clear the Xbox MAC address again. None of the 20+ other devices on my network have any problems, so it is definitely the Xbox itself at fault. I tried switching to a wired connection, but the issue still happens, although at least I no longer need to re-enter the wifi password when clearing the MAC address. I need a permanent solution though. I am wondering if it is hardware, but it seems odd that it works fine once MAC address is reset up until the next time it is switched off, seems more likely a software bug.

:)

EvilPuppetMaster, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi EvilPuppetMaster! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  3. EvilPuppetMaster Win User

Hi.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried resetting the console and it worked at first however once again, after powering off and back on again, it is back to not connecting.

The strange thing is that if I “test network connection”, it says “all good you are connected to the internet”. And yet if I try to sign in or attempt to use an online thing (eg Fortnite or game pass) it then says I am NOT connected. When it attempts to sign in at this point it gives error 0x87DD0019.

Any more ideas?

Cheers

Tom
  4. Cyters Win User

Can’t connect wireless

Xbox One S, not series S. And I just tried and it says it connected on my phone but “can’t connect to the internet”,on my xbox
  5. Mikahl757 Win User

Why can I not connect to the Xbox network

Same on muitiple xbox one x, xbox series x, xbox 360. Internet fine not connecting to xbox network.
  6. QUAD RED DEAD Win User

Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X

I’ve a similar issue and it is only with two BBC blu rays - wonders of the solar system and wonders of the universe.

No matter what I do, I can’t resolve it. The copyright warning comes up, the screen goes black, the sound gets corrupted and the series x just turns itself off.

Have cleared persistent storage, deleted and reinstalled the app etc.

Pretty disappointed with the build quality on my series x. I’d an original Xbox one and One x and they were great consoles for movie playback.

The series x sucks - a crazily noisy drive and it can’t even play some blu rays.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X persistently can’t connect to internet - Similar Threads - series persistently can’t

2. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  5. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  6. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  7. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  8. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  9. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  10. How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?: On mk11, I bought some of the DLCS a long time ago but when I switched to xbox series s, some of them said I didn’t have them but when I tried to buy it it would say “content already owned”. I...