Xbox Series X, packet loss issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X, packet loss issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently switched to an Xbox Series X over my old Xbox One. The first few weeks using a wifi connection was completely fine, had it setup with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A Massive Yak, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X, packet loss issue

I've recently switched to an Xbox Series X over my old Xbox One. The first few weeks using a wifi connection was completely fine, had it setup with a static IP and open UPNP and ports were all forwarded. However, the last month or so I have been completely unable to play any online game due to severe packet loss and ping spikes. Even simply being in a party chat is extremely laggy. I do not have these same issues on my old Xbox one or any other device in my home, only the Series X.

I've sifted through prior forums from the past 2 years that have been having the same issue and have yet to find a solution. I've cleared the Mac address, tried the tagging options, a different DNS, a complete reset on my modem, and turning off the port forwarding and nothing works. I can download stuff with no issue and doing a test on the Xbox it shows a low ping between 20-50ms and occasionally it'll show the packet loss of 1-2%. Even when the test shows 0% packet loss I'm still having this issue. Is there any fix? I am unable to run an ethernet cable directly into it at all times. If that is the only fix then what is the point of the wifi network card in these?

:)

A Massive Yak, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Anomaly107 Win User

I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why or how to fix it any suggestions?

I am having the same issue. Both hard wire and wireless, I am having 100% packet loss. I have contacted my internet provider, they have already checked the system and on there end everything is great. On my PC I am having no issues. On my PS5 no issues, no packet loss. However on my xbox series x and my xbox one x, I have 100% packet loss and get booted from online games every 3-6 mins.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there mate! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

Since you already reset your network devices such as your router, did you check if there are other wireless signal that could interfere on your connection between the console and your router? Please make sure to eliminate any wireless interference. I would also suggest to try to switch wireless channels of your router Wi-Fi signal.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Packet Loss Xbox Series X

Hello Zack S1,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Packet Loss Xbox Series X

Hello Zack S1,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing packet loss on your Xbox Series X. If you've already tried different routers, ports, and Ethernet cables, it's possible that there may be a hardware related issue.

Regarding the warranty, the Xbox Series X comes with a one-year limited warranty from the date of purchase. If you believe your console is experiencing a hardware issue, you can contact Xbox Support to initiate a warranty claim. They will be able to assist you with the process and provide further troubleshooting steps if necessary.

See: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

Before initiating a warranty claim, you may also want to try resetting your console to its factory settings. This can sometimes resolve network issues. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.
  6. Qualthis Win User

100% Packet Loss

Same issue. 100% Packet loss. No packet loss from my PC. Wireless connection via my Xbox one. Has been working fine just 10 hours ago. Tried it today: 100% packet loss.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X, packet loss issue - Similar Threads - Series packet loss

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Xbox series x 100% packet loss.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x 100% packet loss.: I'm suddenly getting 100% packet loss when I run a network speed and statistics test on my series x. I have switched from wired to wireless and it still says 100%. This started yesterday morning...
  6. Xbox Series X 100% Packet data loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 100% Packet data loss: Issue started last night.... doing a speed test... Download 956 Upload 183 Packet loss 100% Test again immediately Download 872 Upload 250 Packet loss 0% Worked with my Isp for hours......
  7. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  8. Why am I getting such bad packet loss on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting such bad packet loss on Xbox Series X?: I’ve been getting really bad packet loss since around march and it’s only on my Xbox. My PC is fine, and so is every other device in my house. Just my Xbox that has this problem. I’ve tried using...
  9. Packet Loss Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Packet Loss Xbox Series X: I've seen several of these posts and cannot seem to find a solution. The only thing that fixes the issue is unplugging the Xbox for a few minutes and plugging it back in. We have tried new...
  10. 100% packet loss Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss Xbox series x: 1000 down load 37 upload 100% packet loss i have reset my modem power cycled my xbox x restarted everything still happens sometimes it say 0% packet loos then back to 100% on my pc i ping...