Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

Discus and support Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox overheats and powers off when I play high resolution games that are xbox series s/x enhanced. Games like Far Cry 6, Hogwarts Legacy, Dying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mason Harper, Aug 31, 2023.

  1. Mason Harper
    Mason Harper Guest

    Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games


    My xbox overheats and powers off when I play high resolution games that are xbox series s/x enhanced. Games like Far Cry 6, Hogwarts Legacy, Dying Light 2 all crash when I play for a little bit. This "little bit" of time varies from 10 mins to 1 hour or a little longer. I have factory reset the console and cleared local saved data for each game this occurs with. I have cleaned any dust debris on the inside of the console so I have.

    PS: The console is refurbished if that has anything to do with the issue. I also have the console in a spacious isolated environment so the fans have plenty of room.

    :)
     
    Mason Harper, Aug 31, 2023
    #1
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

    Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

    I am very happy that your console is still under warranty, you need to activate the warranty on the website.

    Login to your account, select your Xbox and click on the start order option.

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  3. Mason Harper Win User

    Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

    It says the Xbox Series X has a warranty what do I do with it?
  4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

    Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

    Hi, my name is Ezequiel and thank you for your question and for reaching out. Hello Mason Harper how are you?

    It is very dangerous for you to play with your console in this situation.

    You need to access a technical assistance service as soon as possible so that you can repair your console.

    Register your console on this site and try to get technical support.

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One

    well my first guess would be that because an Xbox one has about a 8th of the power of an Xbox series X, the game does not run in nearly as high resolution

    this would definitely come in to play in a scenario of high particle effects like fog
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

    its will work if i use 120hz on xbox one s ?

    Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

    I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

    Learn about TV resolutions and the resolutions supported by Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S.

    The graph represents TV resolutions from 480p to 4K UHD.
    Resolution options
    This is what 720p resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.

    It offers a 16:9 high definition (HD) viewing area.
    720p is the lowest resolution on most HDTVs. However, the image is still excellent and for a screen smaller than 37 inches, the quality of the 720p images is practically similar to that of higher resolution televisions. If your HDTV only has 720p and 1080i as options, you should select 720p for the best resolution.

    This is what 1080p resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
    This offers users a 16:9 high definition (HD) viewing area.

    1080p is the most common resolution for movies, television, games, and many of the experiences offered by the Xbox. A 1080p TV offers the best picture quality, allowing you to enjoy Blu-ray movies in the resolution they were designed for. Each line of pixels on the screen is redrawn 60 times per second or faster.

    This reduces motion blur and creates a sharp image.
    Note if you have an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One S, or Xbox One

    For more information, see:
    How to Change TV Screen Settings on Xbox
    This is what 1440p resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.

    This offers users a 16:9 high definition (HD) viewing area.
    More and more computer monitors have 1440p resolution, which is becoming a very popular option among gamers. It is sometimes listed as "Quad HD" as it offers four times the HD screen resolution of 720p.

    Aspects that you should take into account:
    You must have an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One

    If you have an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One S, or Xbox One

    For more information, see:
    How to Change TV Screen Settings on Xbox
    Things to keep in mind:
    You must have an Xbox One X or an Xbox One S and a 4K TV to use 4K UHD resolution.
    Xbox Series X|S also supports 4K refresh rate at 120Hz.

    This is what 4K UHD resolution does:
    Displays images with a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
    This offers users a 16:9 ultra high definition (UHD) viewing area.

    With four times the resolution of 1080p HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Play games on your Xbox Series X or Xbox One high dynamic range) on your Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One

    Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...osas a tener en cuentan,actualización de 4K a %20120Hz.

    I hope I can help you solve it.

    Best regards,
    Marvina.
Thema:

Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games - Similar Threads - Series overheats high

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Xbox series X. Overheat only only on F1 24

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X. Overheat only only on F1 24: Xbox series X. Overheat only on F1 24. And it’s not on for long either. Fine with everything else. Any idea what’s going on? 0d896216-b4c6-4698-9d93-695a63c1bdf5