Xbox series x Overheating when I use discs!

Discus and support Xbox series x Overheating when I use discs! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my Xbox series x is always overheating only whenever I play games with discs. For example far cry 6 or Cyberpunk 2077 will shut off my Xbox at certain... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LEWIS the boss8, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Xbox series x Overheating when I use discs!

my Xbox series x is always overheating only whenever I play games with discs.

For example far cry 6 or Cyberpunk 2077 will shut off my Xbox at certain points due to overheating. This never happened in the past.

If in anyone knew a way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Xbox series x Overheating when I use discs! :)

:)

LEWIS the boss8, Sep 15, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I feel it's unlikely that it's the disc causing this. After installation the disc only spins up briefly for authentication.

Cyberpunk is infamous for bugs, especially if you're using raytracing.

Is it just shutting down or are you getting the overheat message?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Lewis, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly make sure that your console is in a well-ventilated place with enough space on top, both sides, as well as on the back of your console. Kindly switch the position of your console as well to check if there will be an improvement. Here you go: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If after you have managed it and the same issue occurs, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that still didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. LEWIS the boss8 Win User

I get the overheating message.
  5. SosaJusGloAaron Win User

XBOX Series X Hard Crashes While Playing NBA 2K22

Yes I have the xbox series x and Every time I play NBA 2k22 it crashes and overheating when I just play rec and city modes
  6. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x Overheating when I use discs! - Similar Threads - series Overheating discs

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  4. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  5. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  6. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  7. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  8. Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online: My Xbox series x has recently started shutting down in the middle of playing mw2 online and when I turn it back on I get a message saying my console is overheating. I bought a external cooling fan...
  9. my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...: within 10 seconds it instantly overheats as soon as I load up a game 3935e64c-7879-436d-af6c-e1b0821607c4
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...