Xbox Series X Overheating on one game

Discus and support Xbox Series X Overheating on one game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello and I’m here to ask and see if my Xbox Series X is defective because it starting to overheat with cyberpunk with raytrace on. My Xbox sounds like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anreku, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Anreku
    Anreku Guest

Hello and I’m here to ask and see if my Xbox Series X is defective because it starting to overheat with cyberpunk with raytrace on. My Xbox sounds like a jet engine when playing in certain scenes in game and straight up just shutting the console off then when I reboot up my console it gives me the Screen to properly place my console in a well ventilated place. My console is well indeed ventilated and is still in pristine condition because I got this Xbox SX back in April of 2022. I notice the fans being louder with demanding games like Metro Exodus and never turns off but with cyberpunk it sounds like a jet. It starting to overheat more and more as I keep playing the game. I hope my Xbox is okay and it’s the game causing it to shut off but I see no reports of anyone having this problem but me so I’m questioning if it’s my Xbox Series X is defective with this overheating and loud fans.

:)

Anreku, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X turning off by itself

In my experience the notification about overheating occurs after you turn the console back on after letting it cool down, about an hour. I've never seen it before it turns off, and only had overheating on a Xbox One X. The side tiny vents were blocked with dust which required vacuuming out every other month.

Haven't had overheating on my Xbox Series X.

Elden Ring is resource intensive. Could you hear Series X fan working overtime while you were playing?

If so I would send the console back to get repaired and / or replace it.
  3. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  4. OneHeartHero03 Win User

Xbox series x loud when i play certain games

Havent got any overheating once for the series x yet.
  5. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Anreku! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

Unfortunately, this sounds like your console's problem could indeed be hardware-related. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

• To clarify, have you done any troubleshooting on your own? if you have, may I ask what you've tried so far?

• Has the noise made by the console's cooling system increased when playing other games?

• Do you have any external devices plugged into your console's USB ports?

• Is your console plugged directly into one of the wall's outlets?

- While I understand you mentioned that your console is well ventilated, I'd like to know if you have already made sure your console's position complies with the ventilation tips shown at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Overheating on one game - Similar Threads - Series Overheating game

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.: For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet, so I got it shipped off to Microsoft to fix...
  4. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  5. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  6. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  7. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  8. Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online: My Xbox series x has recently started shutting down in the middle of playing mw2 online and when I turn it back on I get a message saying my console is overheating. I bought a external cooling fan...
  9. my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...: within 10 seconds it instantly overheats as soon as I load up a game 3935e64c-7879-436d-af6c-e1b0821607c4
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...