Xbox Series X Overheating Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X Overheating Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm going to be getting an xbox series x soon, and I want to know if getting an external cooling unit for the console will void any warranty. Also,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeff Mizell, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Jeff Mizell
    Jeff Mizell Guest

I'm going to be getting an xbox series x soon, and I want to know if getting an external cooling unit for the console will void any warranty.

Also, does anyone recommend doing this, or just ensure that the console is in a well ventilated and low dust area?

Or does Microsoft have a product that can support the cooling of the console?

Or are new consoles now properly equipped with a ventilation system?

:)

Jeff Mizell, Feb 9, 2023
  2. carlos rosado1 Win User

Anyone else experienced their Roku tv overheating when playing x series or its games. (Ex. Gotham knights?)

It was the tv...was told that the resolution produced by the series X is a little much for it so it overheated. Ubreak fixed the issue.
  3. OneHeartHero03 Win User

Xbox series x loud when i play certain games

Havent got any overheating once for the series x yet.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

don't use any external fan as they are well known to actually cause overheating or other issues, the airflow is setup to go round specific parts and adding external fans disrupts this.

keep at least 5cm gap all the way around and at least 10cm above for ventilation, don't stand it on a carpet.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X turning off by itself

In my experience the notification about overheating occurs after you turn the console back on after letting it cool down, about an hour. I've never seen it before it turns off, and only had overheating on a Xbox One X. The side tiny vents were blocked with dust which required vacuuming out every other month.

Haven't had overheating on my Xbox Series X.

Elden Ring is resource intensive. Could you hear Series X fan working overtime while you were playing?

If so I would send the console back to get repaired and / or replace it.
  6. JakeConway Win User

Power issues on Xbox series x

Mine goes off after 2 to 3 hours of gameplay. Xbox ambassador advised me to carry out a soft reset on the console.

Believe it may be an issue with overheating. Both Xbox Series X games and normal games seem to be crashing for me.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Overheating Issue - Similar Threads - Series Overheating Issue

2. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  3. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  4. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  5. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  6. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  7. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  8. Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online: My Xbox series x has recently started shutting down in the middle of playing mw2 online and when I turn it back on I get a message saying my console is overheating. I bought a external cooling fan...
  9. my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series s is instantly overheating not when I turn it on but as soon as I load up a...: within 10 seconds it instantly overheats as soon as I load up a game 3935e64c-7879-436d-af6c-e1b0821607c4
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...