xbox series X over heating

Discus and support xbox series X over heating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i just bought the new Xbox Series X console, and when playing games like Age of Wonders and Forza the system freezes game play while i am playing and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LOOGYz24, Nov 15, 2020.

  1. LOOGYz24
    LOOGYz24 Guest

    xbox series X over heating


    i just bought the new Xbox Series X console, and when playing games like Age of Wonders and Forza the system freezes game play while i am playing and I am forced to restart my game over and over. My new console feels very hot, not warm but hot and
    the air coming from the cooling vents and fan is hot. While playing games like Boarderlands 3 my entire console just shut off and when inspecting the console it feels very hot and the air coming from the cooling vents and fan is extremely hot! like super hot!
    is this what i paid $500 for? A game system that over heats and shuts off? I thought after all these years Microsoft would have a firm grasp on the cooling system. what can be done? my console is positioned in the proper vertical upright position and has
    6inches of open space all the way around the console. It sits on top of my entertainment center not inside a cubby hole, it has all the open free space and air it needs. do I need to buy a fridge and put my new console inside of it just to be able to play
    my games? Or should I stop buying microsoft products? I am very upset over this.

    :)
     
    LOOGYz24, Nov 15, 2020
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    xbox series X over heating

    This is amoiece of high end electronics. They run hot. It runs no hotter than X1X did, or a high end Pc, and is entirly within normal thermal limits. If your console did not display an overheat message, its not overheating.

    Is the console plugged directly into the wall?

    Are you running the XSX versions off of the internal SSD?
  3. Alderamin4191 Win User

    Potential overheating Series S

    Hi there,

    While I use the series X, I haven’t yet experienced any issues with leaving my xbox on extended times to see if it would shut down due to over heating. Think of it as a PC, as long as it gets air to keep it cool, leaving it on for extended time periods I don’t see why it would over heat. However I wouldn’t recommend it, as it could shut down, never tried. Not saying it will shut down due to over heating, but there’s a chance it could.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Series S horizontal or vertical: Which is best

    horizontal is best, because heat rises. Vertical with the series X is best for this reason
  5. ViolentBullet30 Win User

    Question for one x owners

    I'm sorry you have had so much trouble with your Xbox. I have not had any problems with either of my Xbox one or my Xbox one x. The most problems I had with my x was that it would over heat but I bought a cooling fan and it has help the over heating.
  6. CyTeK1978 Win User

    Xbox Series X Question

    you can use the Series X also laying,

    there are actual no tests about the heat and noise.
Thema:

xbox series X over heating

Loading...
  1. xbox series X over heating - Similar Threads - series heating

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Why is Fortnite over heating both my brand new Xbox series X consoles ?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fortnite over heating both my brand new Xbox series X consoles ?: I want to know what Microsoft plan to do about this issue. I have seen posts and threads of the community recommending customers send their consoles to repair. That’s madness and criminal. Both my...
  8. Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...: Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without running a game? It doesn't heat up much but that didn't happen with the xbox one s...
  9. Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode: Hi all! I’m sorry in advance for any dumb questions I’ve been posting - I’m new to this generation of Xbox as my last console was the 360. Sometimes, when I am not using my console for a while,...
  10. Xbox series S shuts off within minutes - says it’s over heating?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S shuts off within minutes - says it’s over heating?: Hi. Xbox S seems to be over hearing within minutes of playing the new Harry Potter game. The console is on a flat wood shelf with plenty of air around it. We noticed this problem when we...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xsx overheat