Xbox series X or S

Discus and support Xbox series X or S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I want to upgrade from Xbox One S to either series X or S. I play a limited amount of games but spend a great deal of time on the ones I do (GTA,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lasse Alexander, Jan 7, 2023.

  1. Xbox series X or S


    Hi! I want to upgrade from Xbox One S to either series X or S. I play a limited amount of games but spend a great deal of time on the ones I do (GTA, rdr2, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Fifa and Hogwarts Legacy when that comes out). I need a console that will last for a long time. I use my current console for "everything" including streaming services since I don't own a smart-tv. Should I get series S as I don't own a 4K tv anyway and already are buying all my games digitally, or should I get series X for better performance? Is there any reason to believe the Xbox X will "live longer" that the series S?

    :)
     
    Lasse Alexander, Jan 7, 2023
    #1
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

    NBA 2K24 disc for my console will not even install error code 0x87e10013

    No such thing as an Xbox One Series X. The Xbox One family of consoles has an S and an X but are still just Xbox Ones. You need the Series family of consoles. The Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X. These are different from Xbox One S or Xbox One X.

    The "One" and "Series" are the console types.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive

    Hi,

    On an Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox S, yes.

    On an Xbox Series X or Series S, no.
  4. JamieWill Win User

    Hello Xbox community, this is about Xbox series x/s versions of games!

    Because on my Xbox series x, it only shows 'Optimized for series x/s' but if a xbox series x version of a game is NOT 'optimized' how would i know if I'm playing a series x/s version of a game?
  5. Francia J. Win User

    My shark card money isn’t appearing on my account GTA V

    Sorry, you've mentioned that you have purchased the Megalodon Shark Cash Card that is for Xbox Series X|S, but the one that is for Xbox Series X|S is "GTA Online: Megalodon Shark Cash Card (Xbox Series X|S)"
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Can't play goat simulator 3???

    It actually would. There's an Xbox One, One S, and One X that are all in the same family. Then there is the Series S and Series X that are in a completely different family of consoles.

    An Xbox One X is not the same as a Series X. The game will not work on an One X.
Thema:

Xbox series X or S

Loading...
  1. Xbox series X or S - Similar Threads - series

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...