XBOX Series X Obviously has a BAD Network Adapter

Discus and support XBOX Series X Obviously has a BAD Network Adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsfot has yet to acknowledge this. The network adapter is bad in the XBOX Series X and does not acknowledge a good ethernet connection. I have the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GuRUCLANdotcom, Sep 4, 2022.

1. XBOX Series X Obviously has a BAD Network Adapter

Microsfot has yet to acknowledge this. The network adapter is bad in the XBOX Series X and does not acknowledge a good ethernet connection. I have the same issue that others are complaining about on forums, youtube and reddit. Microsoft should issue a recall. You can connect wirelessly without issue. But switching cables, resetting, hard resetting powercycling none of these troubleshooting methods work.

Looks like we'll just have to wait and see if Microsoft owns up to their failure. So my question is when does Microsoft plan on doing that? I just bought this XBOX Series X a few months ago.

:)

GuRUCLANdotcom, Sep 4, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

well as most people with one don't actually have an issue then a recall is not needed, you have to think, only those with an issue are vocal about it which is a very very very small percentage of units sold.

you will find the ethernet controller in the xbox is actually the same as in the ps5 too.

when you book for repair the unit is collected and returned which is covered.
  3. GuRUCLANdotcom Win User

As mentioned in my post, I've already exhausted ALL possible troubleshooting methods. AGAIN this product is DEFECTIVE and has a BAD NETWORK ADAPTER which is why it DOES NOT recognize an ethernet connection.

This is a known issue all over the forums, one user posted that he has 3 Series X's and all of them have the EXACT same problem. So what is Microsoft going to do about the fact that this product is defective? I don't want to play using WIFI. Wifi is unstable compared to wired ethernet connection.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi GuRUCLANdotcom,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue with connectivity. As per description it is due to bad network adapter. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

To let us understand the issue we would like to ask more details about the issue so we could came up with an accurate resolution. Please answer the questions below.

• When did the issue started?
    • Did you check device compatibility including the cable to connect the ethernet?
    • Since the issue seems to be about the speed, try to check it through this link: Troubleshoot your network connection speed The problem might be with your network connection speed. If proven that this cause the issue then please contact internet provider.
    • Did you acquire Xbox series X as brand new one? If not, then this might need to be set back to its original Factory defaults using this link : How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults.
    Choose Reset and remove everything.

Lastly, if the above suggested solutions do not work, the best thing you could do is send the console in for warranty repair or exchange.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. GuRUCLANdotcom Win User

So does Microsoft plan on paying for the cost of shipping my unit with tracking both ways? And how long will I be inconvenienced with having nothing to game with in the interim? I'm really super disappointed at the product quality of my investment in this console. This is unbelievable and a HUGE disappointment that such a major component is inferier in these units.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello GuRUCLANdotcom,

We understand how you feel. This is not the experience that Microsoft wanted to happen to all their valued Xbox fans. We really appreciate for your time and effort in writing us here. Since you have done all the trouble shooting and suggested remedies to help resolve the issue, we would like to recommend your device for a service repair order / replacement whatever the case maybe by visiting to this link: Check your Microsoft warranty and create service orders.

We hope it worked out well for you. If you have other concerns you may create a new post.

Have a great day ahead.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. XBOX Series X Obviously has a BAD Network Adapter - Similar Threads - Series Obviously has

2. What drives are capadible for the series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    What drives are capadible for the series x: Trying to find a budget friendly storage expansion capadible for my series x 42da6d7d-ebb2-4580-b927-7cfe8bd9a6ea
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. Xbox series X no pictuy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X no pictuy: Xbox series X Hello has anyone else had this issue? My Xbox turns on but the screen is black and I can hear things moving with the controller but there is no picture any help would be much...
  5. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  6. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  7. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  8. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  9. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  10. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...