Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

Discus and support Xbox Series X November Update broken sound. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got the November update with all the changes, night mode, Dolby vision gaming, etc.. BUT The audio is literally broken. SPEAKER AUDIO Defaults to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewMD, Nov 19, 2021.

  1. AndrewMD
    AndrewMD Guest

    Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.


    I got the November update with all the changes, night mode, Dolby vision gaming, etc.. BUT

    The audio is literally broken.

    SPEAKER AUDIO Defaults to STEREO UNCOMPRESSED prior it was on BITSTREAM OUT.

    The speaker outputs are now HEADSET FORMAT, DOLBY DIGITAL, STEREO UNCOMPRESSED.

    GONE BITSTREAM OUT.

    If you set Dolby digital the audio is VERY LOW. Before the update the audio was fine, this is connected to a 5.1 Samsung soundbar system with no issues.

    Also selecting AUDIO PASS-THROUGH does nothing.

    Also doing RESET AUDIO SETTINGS does not fix the problem.

    OS version.

    10.0.22000.2989(xb_flt_211109-2200).

    :)
     
    AndrewMD, Nov 19, 2021
    #1
  2. EssA2022 Win User

    Can't get 5.1 to work with Series S and Sonos Beam

  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

    Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

    Hello,

    Apologies for closing the post, as we did not see any replies or updates to the thread from the initial response from XBF-Drew on April 21, 2022; I am currently working with XBF-Drew. Let's continue to work on this thread to see if we can find a solution to this reported issue. SteeleWake,(Invader Zim, ChrisShivers1, did you submit a bug via Report a Problem with tracing as per XBF-Drew suggestion on April 21, 2022. If so, please let me know, and I will have my team look up that bug that was filed. I understand that many users have reported bugs in the past on multiple occasions, but the steps suggested by XBF-Drew are the type of bug report we need to investigate the issue further. Below are the steps to Report a Problem with Tracing per XBF-Drew's previous post.

    Please file another report with your Xbox console and answer these troubleshooting questions (make sure to include context to the question, like "I have updated all firmware for all of my devices including..."and list the devices.

    1. Are all of the devices (AVR/Receiver/TV, etc.) updated to the latest firmware?
    2. Have you have tested other audio settings to see if the performance is the same (ex. Does the center channel not work in 5.1, DTS:X, etc.)?
    3. Have you tried directly connecting the console directly to the TV and using eARC/ARC for audio output to the receiver?
    4. Does the audio broken behavior only happen with specific content? (ex. playing games, watching streaming content in multiple apps, Blu-ray, etc.)
    More information is better for these reports, thank you so much.

    Edited to include:

    When you submit the feedback on your console it's recommended to use the Reproduce with Tracing option and ensure Media Traces are included as well.

    Thank you,
  4. XBF - Drew Win User

    Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

    Hi all,

    I have not forgotten about this thread, still reviewing information but we appreciate the feedback reports.

    A note for any further reports for new users experiencing this problem in the thread, please submit feedback to the Windows Feedback Hub (Win key + G) with "Xbox Forums" in the title.

    XBF Drew
  5. ChrisShivers1 Win User

    Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

    Same here. Seems like we’re being trolled. Spent the time and effort sending in tickets per their request and nothing…😕😕
  6. SteeleWake Win User

    Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

    Thank you, really appreciate your attention on this matter! I went ahead and submitted again through the report a problem app on the xbox, put some details there but also listed the most recent support ticket number for more info. Happy to help with any testing/resolution, but don't think it is console specific and more about returning the functionality of outputting Dolby Atmos (and potentially other formats) as Bitstream instead of only forcing PCM.
Thema:

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X November Update broken sound. - Similar Threads - Series November Update

  2. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  3. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  4. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  7. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  8. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  10. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...