Xbox Series X not uploading video clips to network

Discus and support Xbox Series X not uploading video clips to network in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I try to upload my clips to the Xbox network so I can share them, either I am told it is unable to and try later or the screen freezes, goes... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SYS1392, Jan 27, 2023.

1. SYS1392
    SYS1392 Guest

When I try to upload my clips to the Xbox network so I can share them, either I am told it is unable to and try later or the screen freezes, goes black, and eventually goes back to the home screen.

I've tried clearing out some of my old captures to make sure there is enough space and hard restarting my xbox and network. None of this has helped.

:)

SYS1392, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for providing the steps that you have already tried. To fix this we need to perform an extended power cycle and reset your network hardware. We need to follow the waiting period for it to be successful.

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. SYS1392 Win User

This did not work. The screen still freezes and turns black when I try to upload.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

4K Upload Studio and YouTube Clip Uploads

Hi there!

Unfortunately you can only share gameplay clips on Xbox Live, OneDrive, or Twitter at this time directly from your Xbox. Uploading to YouTube from the Xbox is currently not available.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/upload-studio-sharing-clips

You should be able to edit 4K clips in upload studio granted you have an Xbox One X. The only difference between 4K clips and normal clips is that 4K clips are limited to 30 seconds but editing them should all be the same.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/upload-studio-edit-videos
  5. RainingRoses Win User

SOLVED Game clip upload won’t progress past 0% SOLVED

Hi Caitlin,

Just to confirm, what Xbox console are you on - Xbox One or Series X|S? Please specify the exact model. What resolution is the clip you’re trying to upload - 720p or 1080p?

Is there any specific error code/message when the clip fails to upload, and do you have sufficient storage space? It should indicate whether the file size/upload limit has been reached for anything.

Refer to this guide:

Manage your game clips | Xbox Support

Where it explains under ‘Upload to the Xbox network from your console’:

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Additional support resources regarding this can be found on the Xbox support website with the relevant search query:

https://support.xbox.com/search?phrase=Clips

Hope this helps.
  6. ZeroMoustafah Win User

Upload Studio/Video Editor

I agree its not the greatest at this point in time. I usually only use the upload studio to trim short clips. If I really want to edit videos, I capture to my pc and use different software. I would like to think that it will get a good update in the future
    or at least when the series x comes out.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not uploading video clips to network - Similar Threads - Series uploading video

2. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  3. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  4. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...
  5. Series X Upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Upload speeds: Hi all, I've got an issue with my Series X. I got 1TB business plan on Starlink & my download speed is awesome but my upload speed is disgusting lol. All my other devices in the house are getting...
  6. How do I view clips which are uploaded from xbox series S on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I view clips which are uploaded from xbox series S on PC?: I used to be able to view clips on the XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION desktop app. That app is depreciated and the new XBOX app does not allow me to see my clips which were uploaded....
  7. So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series...: So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series s and it doesn't have one drive so I can't upload them that way I need help email me at *** Die...
  8. "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s: So I have a YouTube Channel and I download my clips to edit it and post it on YouTube or tiktok and I tried to change some settings because it said can't uplaod even though nothing was there...
  9. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...
  10. What methods can I use to download or upload pictures to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X to...

in XBoX on Windows
    What methods can I use to download or upload pictures to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X to...: I am trying to get a custom picture on to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X, however all the methods that have been provided in other "How To" guides online do not work due to the methods being phased...