Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So after a day of Series X and launching games that have "Upgrades" available when you launch them, I've had issues with 2 titles so far; Gears 5 and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Euphoric_Fusion, Nov 11, 2020.

  1. Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery


    So after a day of Series X and launching games that have "Upgrades" available when you launch them, I've had issues with 2 titles so far; Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4.

    I had both games on an external drive which I used on Xbox One X before the switch to Series X. Upon launching from external HDD I was prompted to upgrade. This basically resulted in having to redownload the entire game from the servers again under the assumption that was how smart delivery worked ie. it's a completely different download and not an update to the existing files (like it did with Xbox One X Enhanced titles). So really, having the game on an external drive meant nothing and it had to redownload to the internal SSD.

    I let the games download the upgrade and that's where I ran in to issues.

    Gears 5 had character models on the title screen covered in blue and purple dots and all the menu options said it was still downloading even though the game had finished upgrading. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that fixed it and noticed that the file size was over 10GB larger that what was there after the upgrade and before the uninstall. Sure enough, once it had downloaded again everything worked perfectly (phew, butt clenched as I thought the GPU was fried on day 1).

    FH4 had no menu video (the one with the McLaren Senna going through seasons) but had audio but that was skippable and I could still get in to the game. However I've just bought the Ultimate Add On DLC and when trying to go to Fortune Island it again never shows the intro video but there is still the audio, but it was just stuck on a black screen and never loaded.

    I'm now in the process of redownloading the game and again have noticed that the file size is actually around 10GB bigger that it was before uninstall.

    So, maybe Smart Delivery isn't so smart after all if you already have the game installed on external HDD. I have no idea what version it did download but it was definitely not the correct one.

    Edit: After reinstalling Forza Horizon 4 it seems to have fixed the problem. Menu videos are back and the intro video for Fortune Island worked and I've done the opening to that DLC.

    submitted by /u/Euphoric_Fusion
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Euphoric_Fusion, Nov 11, 2020
    #1
  2. ArminatorX Win User

    Xbox Series X compatability

    Microsoft introduces "Smart Delivery" with the Xbox Series X, which means, that if you own an existing game (like Minecraft in your example, or Gears 5) or a new game comes out for Xbox One and Xbox Series X with improved graphics on Series X, you won't
    have to buy the game twice.

    With Smart Delivery you will play the "enhanced" version on Series X, and the "normal" version on Xbox One.

    For more info about Smart Delivery and other terms used with the Series X check this page: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-glossary/
  3. Robo J22 Win User

    Xbox Series X - Smart Delivery for physical games?

    Smart Delivery for physical games confirmed now

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/amp/
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Will next gen games work on all Xbox one platforms?

    Hi,

    The first party games will support what Microsoft has called 'Smart Delivery'. This means that if you buy a digital version of a Smart Delivery game, you will also get the Series X version for free.

    Disc games won't benefit from this feature though, so there will be a separate discs for Xbox One games and Series X games.
  5. Smwutches Win User

    Xbox 1 to Xbox series x/s

    Yes. Xbox One games will be backwards compatible with the Series S/X. There are also games like Valhalla and Cold War that support Smart Delivery. With Smart Delivery, you can buy the games now on the One and you'll be able to download the Series S/X version
    for free.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

    Can i download the Xbox One version of dying light 2 on my Series X?

    When the Series X/S was sent out to testers pre-release, it was possible to install Xbox One versions of Smart Delivery Games....however, it seems it was made impossible for general release.

    Found this from just after release:

    "Update 18/11/2020: Microsoft has followed up with a statement, confirming that the decision to force Smart Delivery games to upgrade is indeed purposeful. So you’re locked out of playing your Xbox One version of any game with Smart Delivery. RIP your internal SSD space.

    “Titles that support Smart Delivery will automatically detect what device you are playing on – Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X or Xbox One – and deliver the best version of the game available to you. We believe delivering the version of a game that has been specifically optimized and tailored to your device is the best user experience, which is why Smart Delivery was developed this way. For additional information on managing upgrades with Smart Delivery, please go to Xbox Support.”https://www.gamespew.com/2020/11/xbox-series-x-s-doesnt-force-you-to-upgrade-smart-delivery-games/
Thema:

Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery - Similar Threads - Series Smart Delivery

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv

    in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv: hdr on my console doesn't work. i have a tcl smart tv that i'm sure supports hdr, but it's not being detected by the xbox. i previously had a ps4 pro and hdr was recognized but with xbox it...