Xbox Series X not playing Atmos in Blu-ray app on 4K Blu-ray Discs

Discus and support Xbox Series X not playing Atmos in Blu-ray app on 4K Blu-ray Discs in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m in the Alpha-Skip Ahead Ring. I have my Xbox Series X setup with my VIZIO Elevate 5.1.4 soundbar to play my 4K Blu-ray Discs, but all I’m getting... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Cosmic2211, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X not playing Atmos in Blu-ray app on 4K Blu-ray Discs

I’m in the Alpha-Skip Ahead Ring. I have my Xbox Series X setup with my VIZIO Elevate 5.1.4 soundbar to play my 4K Blu-ray Discs, but all I’m getting is the audio that’s on the main menu of the discs, and not the actual movie audio when the movie starts. Also, the rotating speakers DO NOT rotate up or give a green light on the soundbar to indicate Atmos is playing, even though it’s enabled in the Xbox settings. I have the “Let my receiver decode Blu-ray audio” selected as well. Oddly enough, if I turn that setting off, I get audio, but it’s not in Atmos. This has been a big issue for me, as I cannot watch or play any of my 4K Blu-ray Discs on my Series X now. This has never happened to me before. I have tried everything to fix it but nothing has provided a fix. I’ve tried to factory reset my TV, Xbox and Soundbar, uninstalled and reinstallled the Xbox Blu-ray app, power cycle all 3 of them, see if the issue persists when using a different HDMI cable, etc. Nothing has fixed.

submitted by /u/Cosmic2211
    [link] [comments]

/u/Cosmic2211, Nov 8, 2022
  2. BlakePenfield Win User

Xbox Seriex X - Atmos 7.1 Audio Clipping

Same issue here.

I’ve got my Series X hooked up to a brand new LG C2 using the HDMI cord that came with the Series X.

I’ve got an Atmos-enabled Vizio sound bar (5.1 + two height speakers in the sound bar) hooked into the TV’s HDMI-Arc port.

I have no issues with Atmos sound when playing games on Series X. I have no issues when watching Atmos-compatible movies in streaming apps like Apple or Disney+.

But, when I play an Atmos-enabled 4K Blu-ray Disc on the Series X blu-ray app, I get this weird audio buffer after a few minutes. The movie may go 20 minutes without, but once is starts going it gets more consistent. This issue persists regardless of which Atmost-enabled 4K Blu-ray I use.

I’ve tried messing with the settings - switching back and forth on allowing pass through, etc.

Funny thing is, on my older TV (a TCL Series 6 which was not VRR or 120 hz compatible) I had zero issues. My Series X would play Atmos 4K blu-rays no problem. Only difference I can think of is that on my old setup I hooked the Series X directly into the input of the sound bar and then output from the sound bar into the TV (it was the only way I could get Atmos to work on the old TCL Series 6). On my current set up with the LG C2 I don’t do that because passing the Series X through the sound bar would take away the VRR and 120 hz capabilities my new TV can do.

Can anyone help?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else)

To clarify;

PlayStation 1 - CD-ROM

Sega Saturn - CD-ROM

Sega Dreamcast - GD-ROM - A proprietary disc format

PlayStation 2 - DVD

Nintendo GameCube - Nintendo Optical Disc

XBOX - DVD

PlayStation 3 - Blu-Ray

XBOX 360 - DVD

Nintendo Wii - Wii Optical disc (basically DVD)

Wii U - Wii U Optical disc (basically Blu-Ray)

PlayStation 4 - Blu-Ray

XBOX One, One S and One X - Blu-Ray

PlayStation 5 - Blu-Ray

XBOX Series X - - Blu-Ray
  4. Spyderz Win User

Xbox ONE vs Stand alone Blu Ray!

xbox one "will" support 4k blu-rays in the future. They just haven't announced it when it will. So if you buy 4k blu ray movies they will not play yet on the xbox one. as with standard blu rays I find it only noticeable on larger blu ray tvs. I have
    a 4k 70in tv, the only way I can currently see blu ray formatted shows is on the built in apps in the tv. Mainly Netflix.
  5. smileskybird Win User

4K Passthrough?

I saw it has HDMI 2.0B thingy on this site.

If say you connect an Xbox One X to your 4K HDTV, you should still be able to:

1. Download the YouTube and Netflix apps, onto your Xbox One X, and still be able to watch in 4k 60fps?

2. Use Xbox One X 4k Blu-ray player to watch 4k Blu-ray disc movies in 4k 60fps?

3. Play games on Xbox One X, in 4k 60fps?

.... right?
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Dolby atmos not working

Do you have a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, sound bar, or speaker system? If you do, have you changed the settings within 'Disc & Blu-ray settings' on your Xbox One to enable 'Let my receiver decode audio'? Currently Dolby Atmos is only supported within
    the Blu-ray app for Dolby Atmos compatible Blu-Ray movies.

Keep us posted!
Thema:

Xbox Series X not playing Atmos in Blu-ray app on 4K Blu-ray Discs

1. Xbox Series X not playing Atmos in Blu-ray app on 4K Blu-ray Discs - Similar Threads - Series playing Atmos

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  4. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  5. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  6. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  7. Pallworlds not able to play offline on Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Pallworlds not able to play offline on Xbox series x: Even tho it's advertising that it has an offline mode in the store. Also considering "steam" players have access to it. Every time I try and open the game without an internet connection it pops up...
  8. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  9. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  10. Xbox Series X will not play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not play multiplayer games: My Xbox will not play any multiplayer games online. I tried to play Hell Let Loose and it says I have network problems. I have an ultimate subscription. Everything else will work. Games will...