Xbox Series X not opening or downloading games

Discus and support Xbox Series X not opening or downloading games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Halo Infinite Xbox Series X. I have had issues with it since day one. I have done 3 factory resets. I literally have to unplug the power and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Default_2107, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Default_2107
    Default_2107 Guest

I have the Halo Infinite Xbox Series X. I have had issues with it since day one. I have done 3 factory resets. I literally have to unplug the power and internet for it every time I use it whether it has been one day or one week since I last used it. My two biggest issues are: 1.) Games will not download. The only way I can get it to work is to turn the internet on and off every time it freezes at a certain download percentage. It takes forever to download a game. 2.) Sometimes games just won't open and I have to hard reset the whole console again and again and again.

I have done everything that everyone online suggests; restart the console, power down and turn on, unplug and turn on, reset the console, clear local cache, change all the network settings, used ethernet and wifi, use external hard drive, don't use external hard drive, etc etc.

I am at my wit's end with this machine. I have never had such issues with any other Xbox console. I can't send it in for repair or diagnostics because, unfortunately, I bought it from a scalper which was my only option to get the console. I am hoping someone has a solution for these issues because I honestly don't know what to do at this point and am at the point of just using my Xbox One. Thank you to anyone in advance!

:)

Default_2107, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't download Starfield for Xbox one serie X

I have the Xbox one X project Scorpio, I was told that the game can be downloaded in any serie X or serie S (included mine), thanks for the help!!
    Game can only be downloaded on a Series S and Series X, but not an Xbox One X. Xbox One X is not the same as a Series X.
  3. the1laird70 Win User

Seagate External HDD not recognised by Series X

Seagate "Game Drive for Xbox" 2TB Portable HDD. It is 3.0 USB and the box states that it is designed for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.It works if I download a game direct to HDD but it won't open games that I have moved across - not optimised. Optimised game downloaded direct, does open and play.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  5. JaredRangel Win User

Why does Xbox one version of GTA online work on series x but not the series x version

Ok I have both versions of GTA downloaded on my series x the Xbox one version works fine on the series x I then downloaded the series s/x version on the series x I then launched the game and it gives the error message
  6. RyanPurdy Win User

Downloading

I was under the understanding that when you download an Xbox series x game it has different code, so it wouldn't be possible on xbox one x. Which would also be the same for the hard drive. The xbox series x game is apparently different than the same game
    for the series x.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not opening or downloading games - Similar Threads - Series opening downloading

2. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  3. Xbox series x says it’s connected to the internet but when I open the shop or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x says it’s connected to the internet but when I open the shop or download...: I’ve had this problem in the past and was able to fix it by clearing MAC address but now no other options work. Tried changing dns, restarting router and console, as well as changing settings in...
  4. My Xbox Series S won’t open the network settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S won’t open the network settings.: I’ve had my Xbox series S for maybe about almost two years now and had no trouble with it since then. Although recently every time I try to connect to the internet it proceeds to not open the...
  5. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  6. Xbox series s/x app opening issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s/x app opening issue: I tried opening the Xbox Series S/X on my TV. After switching sources, I clicked the home button on my controller as instructed. However, the app kicked me out. How can I fix this issue?...
  7. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  8. Why won't my Xbox Series X "add new" page open?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox Series X "add new" page open?: Nothing was loading on my Xbox Series X so I saw on here to try a Console Reset, so I did that and then when I came to re-add my account, the Add new page won't open and just stays on the loading...
  9. How to open old gamer tag that says offline on Xbox series s if I'm using my New gamer tag?

in XboX Insiders
    How to open old gamer tag that says offline on Xbox series s if I'm using my New gamer tag?: I recently made a new gamer profile just for racing but I have another profile on Xbox for the general public and friends . As I was setting up new profile and adding myself as a friend I typed my...
  10. I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?: Preordered MW3 on my series X, which should allow me to play the open beta and it won't let me. I downloaded everything. When I launch the game, it says I need to have the Vault edition but that's...