Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector

Discus and support Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a Series X from a One S. After many hours of research back in 2021, I set up device control so my One S could control... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Spillr, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Spillr
    Spillr Guest

I recently upgraded to a Series X from a One S. After many hours of research back in 2021, I set up device control so my One S could control power/volume/etc. on both my AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V683) and my projector. (Optoma UHD60) worked seamlessly 100% of the time.

Flash forward to this past week, I set up my Series X and that capability has vanished. I spent a few hours playing with settings, but now the Xbox is only controlling the AV receiver, with seemingly no communication whatsoever to the projector. Nothing in my setup was changed aside from the console.

I want to be able to control power to all 3 (Xbox, receiver, and projector) at once, so I don’t need to press power on 3 separate remotes anytime I boot up.

The Xbox console is the only variable here so it must be the issue.

Additional info:

• HDMI CEC is enabled on Xbox and all boxes checked
    • Receiver “standby sync” is enabled and seems to work
    • Projector “PJLink” is enabled (this was the key last time, I think it is Optoma’s version of HDMI CEC for certain devices) and I even enabled the other “control protocols” - still doesn’t work.

:)

Spillr, Nov 1, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Spillr,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Spillr,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

For this issue we can suggest trying to do some of the troubleshooting on this link. How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. B.C.CA Win User

Xbox One with Optoma HD141X Projector

Saw this thread when I was looking for information on getting my HD141X to work with the Kinect.

Did some digging and found a remote code for the GT1080 (another Optima projector that the remote control for the HD141X can control)! Both on and off commands work flawlessly.

The code is as follows:

T4072
    Thank you! I can confirm that T4072 also solves this problem for the Optoma UHD60 (and probably the UHD65 too).
  5. EndTheFeds1913 Win User

Turning off TV/Projector Optoma HD20

Please let me know how you configured your xbox one to turn on your projector. I have the optoma 8200
  6. Earlydaze Win User

Help connecting my XBox to my projector - Should be working

I have BOTH an optoma HD600X-LV (720P) and just got a Optoma HD131XE (1080P). after about 2 years on my 42" LG tv my xbox 360 Slim would no longer connect by HDMI, however it did connect to my new 720p Optoma projector fine so i wasn't that bothered. However
    i have just upgraded to a Optoma 1080p projector and my xbox 360 will not connect the projector pauses on HDMI 1 the screen goes black for 10 seconds and then it cycles through the other inputs. My xbox one however will work on both and the 360 does play thought
    the 1080p but only when played through the xbox one with lag.

Any ideas on a box such as DVD player etc that has hdmi in and out that i can use to re-route the signal same as the xbox one without lag?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector - Similar Threads - Series able control

2. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  3. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  4. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  5. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  6. Pallworlds not able to play offline on Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Pallworlds not able to play offline on Xbox series x: Even tho it's advertising that it has an offline mode in the store. Also considering "steam" players have access to it. Every time I try and open the game without an internet connection it pops up...
  7. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  8. When GTA V is removed from gamepass, will i still be able to cloud stream the series X...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When GTA V is removed from gamepass, will i still be able to cloud stream the series X...: Would i need to buy a series X or will i be fine with just the GTA + subscription and/or owning the series x version? 315ebaf5-e7e3-42f2-892b-ddaf59687415
  9. My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...: Hi, I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 2023 recently and played it for a while just fine. Then the game got an update and it is not downloading the update displaying an “installation...
  10. Xbox Series X controller not able to turn use bluetooth despite new batteries

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller not able to turn use bluetooth despite new batteries: I have recently acquired the Xbox Series X Controllers to be used exclusively for PC Gaming but it seems that after updating that the controller can no longer be turned on and by pressing the...