Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games

Discus and support Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Series X, which I purchased in January, has been noisy for a few weeks now whenever I'm playing more taxing games. This usually happens with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beatdownXnoki, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games

So my Series X, which I purchased in January, has been noisy for a few weeks now whenever I'm playing more taxing games. This usually happens with games that are optimized/upgraded for SX/S - I've noticed it with Metro Exodus (after the current-gen upgrade), with Marvel's Avengers and to a lesser extent even with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.

Whenever one of these games is played on the console, the cooling fan becomes highly audible.
    It's not on the Xbox 360's airplane take-off level of noise but it's noticable, especially during loading times or other moments of quiet.
    It's a low-toned, monotonous hum, there's no whirring, buzzing, drilling or tapping noises involved. There's no noticable vibrations either. It pretty much just sounds like a cooling fan running in high velocity.

As soon as I shut down or suspend the aforementioned games or the console enters power saving mode after 5 minutes, the fan quiets down quite a bit to a barely noticable hum. If the game is resumed, it kicks back up again.

This phenomenon did NOT occur for the first few months after purchasing the console. For example, I've been AC: Valhalla on an on-and-off basis over several months now and the Xbox was quiet when I played the game months ago.

Is this a cause for concern? It's possible the console's interior workings have collected some dust but otherwise it has been unmoved and operated in the same, open space for 7 months now.

Feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong category.

:)

beatdownXnoki, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Your concern is well justify! We paid a lot for these consoles, I have a similar situation with my XSX is a bit noisier than my friend's or cousin since day one, but honestly it happened since day one when the console came out. An agent told me to not worry about, he also told me that if the noise started to be unbearable I could always send it for repair! A little bit extreme for just a little bit of noise in my opinion. So basically I wouldn't worry much!
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Disappointed with Series X

If you are playing Xbox One games on the Series X, you are not going to see much of a difference except for frame rate. When you get Xbox Series X games, then you will see a lot more difference.
  4. QUAD RED DEAD Win User

Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X

I’ve a similar issue and it is only with two BBC blu rays - wonders of the solar system and wonders of the universe.

No matter what I do, I can’t resolve it. The copyright warning comes up, the screen goes black, the sound gets corrupted and the series x just turns itself off.

Have cleared persistent storage, deleted and reinstalled the app etc.

Pretty disappointed with the build quality on my series x. I’d an original Xbox one and One x and they were great consoles for movie playback.

The series x sucks - a crazily noisy drive and it can’t even play some blu rays.
  5. earn more Win User

Fan really loud only playing Fortnite

Hi, when playing Fortnite my fan goes into hyperdrive. It is so noisy I have to turn the volume up and the fan noise can be heard downstairs. When playing any other game the noise disappears,

It is in a ventilated area, cleaned but no change. The Xbox series x has also turned itself off twice recently.

Any advice please
    Facing same issue ..
  6. Korhog Win User

Series x and our digital games

all your digital games will play on xbox series x. maybe with more FPS and resolution
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X noisy when playing more taxing games - Similar Threads - Series noisy playing

2. Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?: There’s a series s with 2 memory card and 2 controllers but it’s cheap to get but there’s a series x going for 300, would getting the series S be worth to get rn? submitted by...
  3. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  4. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  5. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  6. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  7. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  8. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  9. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  10. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...