Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)...

Discus and support Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i had a problem and found a simple fix to solve it. Wanted to share with you all :) There is a gap between the stand and the housing, and because of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andreas1806, Dec 4, 2020.

  1. Andreas1806
    Andreas1806 Guest

    Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)...


    i had a problem and found a simple fix to solve it. Wanted to share with you all Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)... :)

    There is a gap between the stand and the housing, and because of the vibration of the fast spinning disc (when gamedisc install), this can lead to a noisy "rumbling" or buzzing. I just filled the gap with some little plastic part. no more rumble Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)... ;)

    i made a video please share.

    it may be litte to silent... sorry for that.

    Tell me if it helps fix the problem for you also.

    It was even louder before i made the first part of the video.

    https://youtu.be/rDUNsPrhqXs

    :)
     
    Andreas1806, Dec 4, 2020
    #1
  2. OptimusMegamus Win User

    Buzzing sound?

    Hi, is it buzzing with every game disc or just a couple, if it's with only a couple then the best thing to do if you have a Hard Drive is to install the games onto their to minimise the noise and wear & tear on the disc drive (Press Y on the Game Disc on
    the Dashboard to Install a Game to the Hard Drive) but if it's with all your games then something is wrong & since it's a new console I'd suggest you take it back to the store you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

    I have a few games that make my drive buzz, not all games do it so I put it down to the specific game disc not the Xbox & usually just install it to get rid of the noise.
  3. Bazajaytee Win User

    Loud Noise while installing Games

    While it is installing the disc drive is spinning, this is likely the noise you are hearing. After installation the disc is only being used to verify ownership.
  4. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

    Buzzing noise on my 250g Xbox Slim

    Hey there, BarryMyCoCinher. It's possible that the buzzing noise could be because the games you are attempting to play aren't installed to your hard drive. Do you notice the buzzing when you begin playing a game or when a disc is in the console?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

    Xbox One X buzzing from disc drive while installing

    If only one disc is causing the buzzing sound, it can be caused by manufacturing tolerances of the disc, or maybe you pulled too hard on the disc when removing it from the case and the disc got slightly warped.

    The disc will then start to "wobble" inside the drive causing vibrations that you hear as buzzing sounds.

    So if only that one disc is doing the noise, it's because of the disc, and as long as the disc is readable, everything is fine.
  6. OldPepsiMan Win User

    Installing Skyrim

    [quote user="Eggnogga"]

    @ -- It's actually very simple. Put the game in the tray, from the Home dashboard menu hit "X" for details and install it. There's no need to go into "My Games."

    [/quote] Thanks Eggnogga, I'll give that a try. Does this actually save any wear and tear on our disc drives? With Skyrim installed, my disc is inserted and I still hear disc drive noises while playing the installed game. I'm puzzled by that.
Thema:

Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)...

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X noisy Disc Drive (noise while disc install) buzzing (Lautes Laufwerk?)... - Similar Threads - Series noisy Disc

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Is the noisy operation on the disk drive on the disk reader on the Xbox Series X are the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the noisy operation on the disk drive on the disk reader on the Xbox Series X are the...: When the game from the Xbox One are does gets installed on the disk physically on the disk tray on the Series X and it does makes loud sound or the noise is this are issue or it is are normal? Yes...