Xbox series X no TV image after update

Discus and support Xbox series X no TV image after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After an auto update today, my Xbox series X stopped showing image on the LG oled TV it had been working since day one. But it works fine using a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PtnikX, Nov 7, 2021.

  1. PtnikX
    PtnikX Guest

    Xbox series X no TV image after update


    After an auto update today, my Xbox series X stopped showing image on the LG oled TV it had been working since day one. But it works fine using a regular monitor via HDMI.

    Tried hard reboot, reset display settings, and all other suggestions I found. With no effect.

    This is extremely annoying, all help appreciated.

    :)
     
    PtnikX, Nov 7, 2021
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox series X no TV image after update

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    - Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

    - Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

    - Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

    - Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

    - Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

    - The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

    If your console doesn't have an Eject button, you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

    - Once you see the Startup Troubleshooter, select Factory Reset and then choose "Keep Games and Apps"

    - Once the Reset is complete, you'll be prompted to sign into your console using your Microsoft account credentials, after which you'll choose your preferred settings and your console should display normally again.

    NB: A factory reset keeping games and apps will not delete your game saves as they are backed up in the cloud and will resync once you've signed in.

    Hope this helps.

    Jesse.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox series X no TV image after update

  4. PtnikX Win User

    Xbox series X no TV image after update

    Thanks for your assistance.

    I had already tried that, but followed your steps again to the letter.

    Sadly no difference at all.

    Shows no image at all on TV.

    But strangely, when going back to monitor, it showed a message stating "your device supports 4K" meaning it actually had recognized TV even thought it showed no image at all.

    I need to know if this is an hardware issue, as I'm days away from warranty expiring - though it would be a very strange coincidence to happen just after a system update and with so many other similar reports.
  5. patrickb1973 Win User

    HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame

    Did a lot of testing it's definitely not the TV, I have no issues on PS4, PS5, Xbox One X but only with Xbox Series X and only after the last update. Really hope this gets looked at. Also it happens always after the same amount of time, roughly 10 minutes.
  6. HaoWang23rpi Win User

    Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

    it only happens to the Xbox X series + Samsung TV. I have Xbox one and a sony TV as well. I tried Xbox X series + Sony TV and Xbox one + Samsung TV. both work...
Thema:

Xbox series X no TV image after update

Loading...
  1. Xbox series X no TV image after update - Similar Threads - series image update

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Low quality image when playing tekken 7 on my xbox series x since I installed two dlc

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low quality image when playing tekken 7 on my xbox series x since I installed two dlc: I’ve had the Series X for a bit now and haven’t had any issues displaying games that aren't optimized for the console such as devil may cry 5 or rdr2, but when it comes to playing tekken 7, the...
  9. Quality Image on Xbox series x digital edition

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quality Image on Xbox series x digital edition: Hello Xbox Support Team, I am experiencing an issue with image quality on my Xbox Series X Digital Edition. I have noticed that the image quality significantly improves when I connect the console...
  10. xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later: The console was working fine yesterday. Tonight i turn it on with the controller as i always do and the controller seems to have unpaired with the console as it does not turn on the console and...