Xbox Series X: No action can be assigned to Numpad Button 5

Discus and support Xbox Series X: No action can be assigned to Numpad Button 5 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im lefthanded, so I don´t use WASD. I have the mouse in my left hand and I use in games that support keyboard (Fortnite, Grounded for example) the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ambivalent1010, Dec 1, 2020.

  1. Xbox Series X: No action can be assigned to Numpad Button 5


    Im lefthanded, so I don´t use WASD. I have the mouse in my left hand and I use in games that support keyboard (Fortnite, Grounded for example) the Numpad.

    8 - Forward

    7 - Strafe left

    9 - Strafe right

    5 - Backwards

    But its impossible to assign backwards to the 5. In both games I tried it with wireless and wired keyboard.

    Can any other person test in Fortnite or Grounded if it is possbile to assign an action like "run backward" to Numpad 5. I would appreciate your feedback here.

    Numpad 2 is working for "run backward". It never shows the Number for Strafe left. It showas "Pos 1" "page up" "up" "down" and so on, but never the number.

    Thanks for your help/testing.

    :)
     
    Ambivalent1010, Dec 1, 2020
    #1
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

    Steering Wheel Button Mapping Support

    This function does already exist. If you look in the Xbox Accessories app for mapping a controller, there are options to enable a "Shift" function and assign it to a button to allow multiple combinations of buttons to trigger different actions.

    As far as specific in game assignment, that would have to be implemented by the developer. Have you attempted to use the Xbox Accessories app to assign buttons, and then map them in game?
  3. Hans Jörg Schmidt Win User

    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Logitech X52 Pro Controller not Working

    you must assign each axis and/or buttons manually, takes two hours, but it works finally ... after selecting a specific action you can click in the search box and then use the corresponding axis/button to assign it via the validate button ..., first three
    times a bit boring, but you will get it
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    120Hz gaming opportunities at 1440p - which console?

    Hi,

    So far I've only seen one 120Hz (up to 120fps) based game in action and that was Dirt 5. Dirt 5 can get to 120 fps on Series S as well as Series X. However, the fact remains that the Series S has both a weaker GPU and less system memory. The likely outcome
    being more high refresh supported games on Series X than Series S.

    You'll be able to use use 120Hz on Series S, but not all games will be able to take full advantage of it.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

    GAMING

    Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    good morning

    on pc it does not natively support the xbox 360 console, and it is possible to change the internal file of the game to allow this access, unfortunately the folder is protected and I don't know if you will be able to access it.

    Game file configuration

    step 1

    Access your computer's "Start" menu and click "Documents".

    step 2

    Click "My Games" and then "Oblivion".

    Step 3

    Click on the "Oblivion.ini" file. When prompted for a method to open the file, select your preferred word processing program.

    Step 4

    Change the values ​​in the "Oblivion.ini" file as follows: X=1, Y=2, Z=3, XRot=4, YRot=5, ZRot=6, iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2, iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1, fJoystickMoveFBMult=2.0000, fJoystickMoveLRMult=2.0000, iJoystickLookUpDown=5, iJoystickLookLeftRight=4, fJoystickLookUDMult=0.7500, and fJoystickLookLRMult=0.7500.

    Step 5

    Click "Save" to save the new changes to this game file.

    control configuration

    step 1

    Click the "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" icon on the desktop to load the game on PC.

    step 2

    Choose the "Options" menu and then "Controls".

    Step 3

    Navigate the "Controls" menu using the directional arrows at the top of the screen until the "Joystick" option appears. Click on it.

    Step 4

    Click on each action in the list that will appear to assign a button to them. For example, assign the "X" button on the controller to the "Ready Weapon" action and the "B" button to "Open Journal". The button assigned to each action is completely preferred, so use whichever setting suits you best. Do not map any directional controls or this will negate changes made to the "Oblivion.ini" file.
  6. Aiden Leverton Win User

    On gta 5 online can someone on xbox series s play with someone on series x

    So if I'm playing on an xbox series x and my friends on a xbox series s I can not play gta 5 online with them
Thema:

Xbox Series X: No action can be assigned to Numpad Button 5

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X: No action can be assigned to Numpad Button 5 - Similar Threads - Series action assigned

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  4. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  5. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  6. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  7. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  8. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  9. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  10. Thinking about filing a class action lawsuit overthe series x blu ray

    in XBoX on Windows
    Thinking about filing a class action lawsuit overthe series x blu ray: Thinking about filing a class action lawsuit over the series x blu ray issues everyone is having Microsoft keeps saying the solution is to reset your Xbox or hard reset your Xbox when my Xbox One...