xBox series X multiplayer wifi lag resolution?

Discus and support xBox series X multiplayer wifi lag resolution? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having horrible lag spikes when connecting wirelessly to my network only when playing multiplayer games. If I go into a training mode, or solo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UncleBabybilly, Jun 8, 2023.

1. xBox series X multiplayer wifi lag resolution?

I am having horrible lag spikes when connecting wirelessly to my network only when playing multiplayer games. If I go into a training mode, or solo mode, there is no issues, but as soon as I connect to a multiplayer game the lag is so bad that the game is simply unplayable. If I'm hardwired, there is no issue. However, currently, I must use a wireless connection.

• This is happening on different games, so I know it's not a single game's issue.
    • I have tried different wifi networks all with the same results, both on 5ghz connection
    • Network test returns 200 Mbps download and 130 Mbps upload with a 1% packet loss and 43ms latency - so network strength is not an issue
    • I have an open NAT
    • System has latest updates installed
    This seems to be a very common issue for a couple of years according to internet search results for this problem, is there an actual resolution or does Microsoft just expect all series X players to be hardwired?

:)

UncleBabybilly, Jun 8, 2023
  2. UncleBabybilly Win User

Ronnie,

These steps seemed to help some. The lag is a little more intermittent now - every 30 seconds to 1 minute - rather than constantly, but the problem still persists.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your Xbox problem.

Try doing a reset on the console to see if this helps.

Let's refresh the console's system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If that does not help, try using 4g connection and check if the results are the same or not. If you are still having issues, try doing this:

Please Go to Settings:

> Network

> Network Settings

> Advanced Settings.

Select the alternate MAC address and then select delete/clear.

You must restart the console for the change to take effect.

And please do this:

Set DNS manually. To manually configure DNS settings, follow the steps below:

1.- Go to Settings

2.- Select Network

3.- Select Network Settings

4.- Select Advanced network settings.

5.- Go to DNS Servers, set it to Manual> enter 8.8.8.8 in the 'Primary' field and 8.8.4.4 in 'Secondary'
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Got it! By the way, did you try connecting to a 4G connection? Just to check if the lag is still the same, because this could already be a hardware problem.
  5. UncleBabybilly Win User

NAT is open, as mentioned in original description. It was back to being constantly lagging - every 5 seconds or so - last night.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

After this, open the Settings app on your Xbox.

Select the Network tab.

Select the Test NAT type tile.

Let me know the result of the test please.
Thema:

1. xBox series X multiplayer wifi lag resolution? - Similar Threads - series multiplayer wifi

2. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  3. Xbox Series X will not play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X will not play multiplayer games: My Xbox will not play any multiplayer games online. I tried to play Hell Let Loose and it says I have network problems. I have an ultimate subscription. Everything else will work. Games will...
  4. When I put mw3 in my Xbox series x and go to start multiplayer it shows as locked and I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I put mw3 in my Xbox series x and go to start multiplayer it shows as locked and I am...: When I put mw3 in my Xbox series x and go to start multiplayer it shows as locked and I am prompted to BUY the disc or download the game…I already own the disc version...
  5. XBox Series X multiplayer lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Series X multiplayer lag: I have an XBox Series X that is experiencing terrible lag when playing multiplayer. I have tried everything in the Microsoft support article (reboot modem, route, console; change wi-fi to wired...
  6. Xbox one and series x local multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one and series x local multiplayer?: Hi We've got an old Xbox one, that still works, albeit slowly, and are considering getting a series x. I assume we’d be able to do local multiplayer with games like halo using both consoles in...
  7. Xbox One Game Snooker 19 Multiplayer Not Working On Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Game Snooker 19 Multiplayer Not Working On Series X: Hi, Just got an xbox series x last week and bought Snooker 19 (xbox one game) Specifically to play online being it's my favourite game on the playstation platform. However it seems the online mode...
  8. Hi...mw2 multiplayer is saying no one is online... Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi...mw2 multiplayer is saying no one is online... Xbox series x: Mw2 multiplayer is saying no one is online 94cfd0b0-ea7e-468a-a2e5-117f908e2580
  9. My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege: What is happening is I bought it and whenever I try to play quick match or ranked/unranked games it directs me to buy Xbox game pass. But if I try to play single player it lets me. Why is this...
  10. Xbox Series S & Xbox One Minecraft Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S & Xbox One Minecraft Multiplayer: So I am very confused. I play on Xbox Series S and my son is on his Xbox One. I can’t join him on Minecraft for multiplayer. I’ve tried everything. The ONLY way I got it to work was to get on MY...