Xbox Series X, Mouse and Keyboard through Monitor USB ports?

Discus and support Xbox Series X, Mouse and Keyboard through Monitor USB ports? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't see to get this to work. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that work fine when I plug in the receivers directly to the Xbox. But I'm trying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianBremer, Jun 30, 2022.

1. BrianBremer
    BrianBremer Guest

I can't see to get this to work. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that work fine when I plug in the receivers directly to the Xbox. But I'm trying to get it to work where I plug the receivers into my monitor (which has two USB ports) and then connect the USB out to the Xbox. Is this possible? The monitor should be effectively acting as a USB hub...but I've had no luck. Anyone else try this? My monitor is a LG 27GP850-B.

:)

BrianBremer, Jun 30, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Keyboard and mouse on xbox bannable?

Some games on the Xbox One or Series X|S do support keyboard and mouse. So if you use a keyboard and mouse just by plugging them into the usb ports on the Xbox console, then no it is not a bannable offense. It can be though if you use an unofficial adapter to play on games that do not support keyboard and mouse.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Can I play Rainbow six siege with keyboard and mouse in 2023? And if so how?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can play Rainbow Six Siege with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox Series X/S.

Connect your keyboard and mouse to your Xbox Series X/S console. You can connect them directly to the console's USB ports or use a USB hub if you need more ports.

Once your keyboard and mouse are connected, start up Rainbow Six Siege on your Xbox Series X/S.

In the game's main menu, navigate to the Options menu.

From the Options menu, select the Controls tab.

From the Controls tab, select the Controller Type option.

Change the Controller Type to Mouse and Keyboard.

Customize your keyboard and mouse settings to your liking.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

As SwordofWhedon has pointed out this should work.

The USB connectors on monitors are designed as a hub. On a PC you connect the built in hub on the monitor to the PC or laptop via the USB UP connector, otherwise called a USB-B cable. Then connect the keyboard and mouse to the monitor. USB-B to USB-A cables are usually provided in the box with the monitor.

[​IMG]

Can't see why this wouldn't work with an Xbox. It would be just the same as connecting a small hub to the console directly.

If it does work, I would only connect a keyboard, mouse or a controller. Generally monitors go to sleep when there are no other devices sending a signal. This would cause any connected storage device to also no longer be powered.
  5. BrianBremer Win User

That was my assumption as well, that the monitor should simply act as a hub. A cheap USB 2.0 hub works just fine with peripherals (mouse, kb, flight stick, etc). But maybe Derek Augusto, who replied first, knows something I don't. Hmm...
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

In theory it should work like any USB hub, which do work with Xbox.

Have you verified that these ports work with other devices?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X, Mouse and Keyboard through Monitor USB ports? - Similar Threads - Series Mouse Keyboard

2. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  3. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  4. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  5. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  6. I am trying to use my keyboard and mouse on my xbox series x but it seems that none of the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to use my keyboard and mouse on my xbox series x but it seems that none of the...: I’ve even tried plugging in a phone charger to see if the ports were putting out any power and they weren’t. I am not sure what to do. I’ve tried rebooting, restarting, hard resetting and waiting...
  7. Will Starfield have keyboard and mouse support on series X/S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Starfield have keyboard and mouse support on series X/S?: Considering that Starfield is a first person shooter the ideal and more suitable way to play the game should be with a keyboard and mouse, but it seems that Starfield doesn't have k & m support on...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard randomly disconnecting whilst playing on Xbox series s (Fortnite, MW2)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard randomly disconnecting whilst playing on Xbox series s (Fortnite, MW2): I have never experienced this issue before, but around 2 weeks ago, all of a sudden, whenever I play keyboard and mouse games such as Fortnite or Warzone 2, my keyboard and mouse would suddenly...
  9. Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Series X: Will a wireless mouse and keyboard work if they are plugged into the USB slots? Thank you. 99c50c6f-17ea-45a9-a299-316b10a49d5f
  10. Keyboard and mouse setup for Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse setup for Xbox Series X: I'm looking for a mouse, keyboard, and lap table to hold my keyboard and mouse. I have no desk, so I need something to hold them on my lap. Any suggestions? For lap tables, all I could find are...