XBox Series X motion smoothing on Blu-Ray playback

Discus and support XBox Series X motion smoothing on Blu-Ray playback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First time XBox user here. Just recently acquired the Series X and wanted to test the Blu-Ray disc drive. Quality of video feedback looks good on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iamyourdensity, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. XBox Series X motion smoothing on Blu-Ray playback


    First time XBox user here. Just recently acquired the Series X and wanted to test the Blu-Ray disc drive.

    Quality of video feedback looks good on my LG 4k TV - https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-43UK6090PUA-4k-uhd-tv

    However, the video looks like there is some slight motion smoothing (soap opera effect). I already had motion smoothing disabled on the picture profile on the TV. I double-checked that the feature was off while playing the video and it was certainly off.
    The distinct smoothing still remains.

    I've read from previous searches on the internet that to "fix" this issue would be to disable 24hz on the Xbox settings itself. Is that still the solution to the problem? By disabling 24hz will that affect any other issues if I game on the TV or stream
    from other entertainment apps?

    :)
     
    iamyourdensity, Nov 12, 2020
    #1
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

    Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

    Hello SonicXHero, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Blu-ray playback on your Xbox Series X. I can offer some steps you can try:

    1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is running the latest system software. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address issues with Blu-ray playback.

    2. Some Blu-ray discs require firmware updates for proper playback. Check for any available updates on your console.

    3. On your Xbox Series X, navigate to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Clear Persistent Storage." This will clear any temporary data that might be affecting the playback.

    4. Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Reset Blu-ray." This will reset the Blu-ray settings to their default values.

    5. If possible, try playing other Blu-ray discs to see if the issue is specific to certain movies or if it occurs with all discs. This can help determine if the problem is related to the console or the specific Blu-ray discs.

    It's worth noting that occasionally, certain Blu-ray discs can have compatibility issues with specific players or consoles. If the problem persists with multiple copies of the same disc, it's possible that there may be an issue with the disc's encoding or compatibility with the Xbox Series X.

    Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. invncr Win User

    New judder on interlaced video playback, BluRay XBox One

    I did as you said, and it hasn’t helped. I still see the motion judder on the interlaced Blu Ray disc playback.

    As it happens, I have an older copy of the same program on a DVD. I put that into the player and tried it. It looks much less sharp, as I would expect from a DVD, but the same scenes did NOT have the motion judder that the Blu Ray did.
  4. Richard waddington Win User

    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

    Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  5. QUAD RED DEAD Win User

    Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X

    I’ve a similar issue and it is only with two BBC blu rays - wonders of the solar system and wonders of the universe.

    No matter what I do, I can’t resolve it. The copyright warning comes up, the screen goes black, the sound gets corrupted and the series x just turns itself off.

    Have cleared persistent storage, deleted and reinstalled the app etc.

    Pretty disappointed with the build quality on my series x. I’d an original Xbox one and One x and they were great consoles for movie playback.

    The series x sucks - a crazily noisy drive and it can’t even play some blu rays.
  6. EmbodiedAlarm33 Win User

    4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

    Here is an update. I have a Vizio P55-C1, with the latest firmware. I have already tried all of the steps in the troubleshooting page, which are very basic things (try a different HDMI cable).

    I exchanged the original 4K UHD Revenant disc for a brand new one, and still the playback was glitchy, stuttery. This was with all motion smoothing features turned off.

    As an experiment, I tried disabling the HDR setting on the XBox. The disc played flawlessly, with no stuttering. I then reenabled HDR again, and played the same part of the movie, and it was stuttering.

    As far as I can tell, we can eliminate these things:

    The Blu-Ray player

    The disc

    Have there been any other reports of issues with Blu-Ray playback with the HDR setting enabled?
Thema:

XBox Series X motion smoothing on Blu-Ray playback

Loading...
  1. XBox Series X motion smoothing on Blu-Ray playback - Similar Threads - Series motion smoothing

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. Series S: Blurry movement / motion smear across ALL games + UI after latest Xbox update

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S: Blurry movement / motion smear across ALL games + UI after latest Xbox update: After last week’s Xbox update, my Series S suddenly has a weird blurry / smeary look anytime anything moves. This is NOT motion blur from games — it happens even in the Xbox dashboard and settings...
  10. Xbox series X stuck in slow motion, games, dashboard, any apps, all slow mo visuals and...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X stuck in slow motion, games, dashboard, any apps, all slow mo visuals and...: My Xbox was fine yesterday, now everything is stuck in slow motion. Like games, apps, even sounds on dashboard. And no it's not the TV. Almost $9k TV. It's fine. Very agitating. Any help would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x blu ray player shaking image

    ,
  2. xbox series x 24hz lip syncing

    ,
  3. xbox series x soap opera effect

    ,
  4. xbox series x 4k bluray turn off motion,
  5. Xbox series x blu ray player motion smoothing